Honda CB1000R Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
for all you north american cb1000 owners, i just came from 2 days with Rickdiculous Racing (Elite Coaching for street, track and race*|*RickDiculous Racing) out at chuckwalla raceway in palm desert, ca.

organization's coaching is headed by ken hill, he as a small group of coaches, all of whom are excellent riders and some former racers and podium finishers, who work with you and one other student for the day, video taping your riding and coaching on what's holding you back, your goals, etc.

of course i was the only one on a standard bike other than the coaches who ride fz1's. the rest are on racing spec sport bikes except yours truly. since i'm not going to race, the track environment is to help me be a better rider on the bike i ride everywhere; be it street or track, and for the fun stuff, i ride the CB.

a few photos of the day. awesome experience.

4TR_4125.JPG 4TR_4331.JPG 4TR_5363.JPG

Attachments

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
how much time did you get on the track?
there were no sessions so i rode as long as i could stay focused and safe. since it's 1 coach for every 2 students, you can have input on how much you want to ride. it's all about video sessions, back to the paddock for analysis, back out to ride, etc

·
Registered
443 Posts
Wonderful photos! They don't make you tape your lights...interesting

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Wonderful photos! They don't make you tape your lights...interesting
funny story about that issue. I did 1 track day at Portland, followed by two at ORP back in Sept, and they DO require you to tape your lights. I don't like the heat build-up under the tape, so I usually pull the headlamp fuse too. I was fighting a cold at the end and not feeling my best, and while I put the bike back to street condition at the end of it all, I forgot to replace the fuse! I ran that way for about 3 weeks till a friend mentioned to me " you know you're only running your position light on the front?" duuuuhhhh!

btw, I don't think Cali Superbike School requires taping any more either.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Yep, I pulled the fuse too for the same reason. On my VFR at the time, pulling the fuse for the lights made me lose dash functions and N indicator too...

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
it's not your typical track day, it's more of a semi private coaching environment, plus most of the students have race/track bikes with no lights anyway. there are never more than 8-10 riders on track at any time as your'e doing laps, watching video, going back out, etc. cost is $1,000 per day for coaching days, and if you want to just ride after being coached a few times you can come and ride for $500 per day. they also have bikes for rent. great group, game changer for me

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
thanks. $1000 is not cheap, but I can see the value, if you're in that 'snack bracket'. I'm going to pass this info along to a friend, who definitely IS capable of dropping the thou, and who's 'into' this kind of thing. (he owns an S1000RR for the track and a K1300S for street, and has done Cali Superbike sessions about 4 times... plus lotsa other track days....)

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
sounds good, i do know they sell out dates quickly as they only take 6 students per day for coaching. once you have done a few coaching days you can come out and ride on your own for $500. i agree it's not cheap but for what you get and the value of the coaching, track time, and quality of people who teach and ride there, it is more than worth it in my opinion. changed the game for me on a number of levels, notably expecting more from myself out there than i did before i started with these guys.

thanks. $1000 is not cheap, but I can see the value, if you're in that 'snack bracket'. I'm going to pass this info along to a friend, who definitely IS capable of dropping the thou, and who's 'into' this kind of thing. (he owns an S1000RR for the track and a K1300S for street, and has done Cali Superbike sessions about 4 times... plus lotsa other track days....)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts