Honda CB1000R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Managed to convince the girlfriend to take a small detour on saturday when i went to visit some family near chester. Rang up the honda dealer in Shrewsbury and they had a white demo CB1000r with CBS, as white was the colour i wanted to see you can imagine i was grining from ear to ear after putting the phone down :)

First impressions on seeing it were that its a very solid looking bike and small just like most people seem to be saying. Also the white is very striking and i must admit i really liked it. Would have been nice to see afew more bikes there in the different colour options so i could have a clearer idea on which i definately want, black is the only other colour im seriously considering right now.

Anyway saw it, loved it, and now i WANT IT !! hehe

Bez

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
haha :) good point.

its all booked Ant. got aload of lessons at the end of the month and then ive got the test. really enjoying the lessons so far.

·
Registered
876 Posts
black is the only other colour im seriously considering right now.
You won't be saying that when you see the silver :lick

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Silver is the better colour.....

But any CB1000R is good.

I have put some photos of mine in the multimedia section.

·
Registered
876 Posts
know that black is the best. It's timeless

So's syphilis, but you wouldn't want to be riding anything that was covered in that :p

Anyway, I thought you'd been tango'd? :rollin

·
Registered
356 Posts
Have to add my tuppenceworth here...
WHITE is definitely the prettiest colour!!!!and women are always
right y`know!!!!! ;) ;)

·
Registered
85 Posts
misscb1 said:
WHITE is definitely the prettiest colour!!!!and women are always
right y`know!!!!! ;) ;)
Re the above, White is def the best colour, it's the 'new' black ya know !

Wouldn't describe it as 'pretty' tho, and not sure about the 'women are always right' bit either !

Speighty

·
Administrator
7,118 Posts
I suppose it's true that the white is 'pretty' but it's been proven already that this is a girls bike !! :)

Then again it would be ok for the inexperienced riders to ride for a year then graduate to the full power black beast !! :devil :lol :lol

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
ahh i see you two are believers in the theory that having a black car/bike adds 20 Bhp to the engine and another 0.5sec off the 0-60 time :taunt2

·
Premium Member
1,444 Posts
Bez said:
ahh i see you two are believers in the theory that having a black car/bike adds 20 Bhp to the engine and another 0.5sec off the 0-60 time :taunt2
Of course this is untrue; black absorbs all the incoming light slowing the bike down! Silver, on the other hand, being highly reflective allows the light to slide around the bike minimizing resistence.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
hass dont they say you ass looks smaller in black ???? ..... :taunt

think afew members might need to spend abit more time down the gym :)

·
Registered
11,186 Posts
In fairness that definitely applies to me. I wonder if the black -> smaller thing explains why everyone thinks my bike is a 250? Ha ha

·
Premium Member
1,444 Posts
Bez said:
hass dont they say you ass looks smaller in black ???? ..... :taunt

think afew members might need to spend abit more time down the gym :)
Hey! Actually I've signed up for a couple of sessions beginning in the Autumn. :potty If that doesn't work I'm gonna have to drink some of those disgusting shake thingies for a few months :sick

1 - 20 of 24 Posts