Honda CB1000R Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Just use the connector for the socket for your navi , if you need more info just drop me a pm
is there a dedicated sat nav plug behind the headlight ghostrider ? If yes can I buy an accessory plug which I could solder on to my Tom Tom rider (I see tifa has commented on previous thread about one).
Thanks George r

·
Registered
364 Posts
There is an optional power socket that mounts close to the headlight.
It's plug and play. The bracketry seems to be quite well thought out, but looking at it, there doesn't appear to be anything stopping you wiring a cheapo socket off ebay into the socket on the bike that the OE ancillary socket plugs into.

·
Registered
165 Posts
There is an optional power socket that mounts close to the headlight.
It's plug and play. The bracketry seems to be quite well thought out, but looking at it, there doesn't appear to be anything stopping you wiring a cheapo socket off ebay into the socket on the bike that the OE ancillary socket plugs into.
thanks tifa found this photo from ghost riders link to accessories so just need find a suitable plug and cable to connect to Tom Tom wires
I take it the connector will work with ignition.
George r

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
thanks tifa found this photo from ghost riders link to accessories so just need find a suitable plug and cable to connect to Tom Tom wires
I take it the connector will work with ignition.
George r
Did you find a connector that fitted and if so do you have a part number or details of where to get one?

·
Registered
15 Posts
I think I read the connector behind the light is an HM 090 connector which you can buy in the UK from a boat/marine place for about £6.

I've wired in a USB socket today, fed the wires under the tank and connected straight to the battery. Should imagine you can do same thing with a Tom-tom. Did the same on previous bike for Google maps and what not.

The official Honda one is £85. Its cost me £10 but it's always live. If you brought the cable, cut the end off and fitted the connector you could save loads providing you find somewhere to mount it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts