Honda CB1000R Forum banner

Rizoma LED Indicator resistors..always needed?

8K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  2thdr 
#1 ·
I recently bought some Rizoma LED indicators for the front of my bike..The thing is they came with 2 resistors for each side..I know they are to slow down the flash rate,but is the 2 really needed like they suggest in the diagram?.I have 2 mini LED indicators fitted now and they have no resistor fitted at all and they work fine..I have original indicators on the rear which i believe helps keep the flash rate normal..(Correct me if i'm wrong.)
Has anyone fitted these or similar LED's with or without the resistors?.Do they work fine?.Or should i just fit them without the resistors and change the flasher relay?.Any info or help would be greatly appreciated..
The pics show how the diagram says to fit them but it seems too much wiring to me..:confused:
Technology Everyday carry Electronic device
Wire Cable Technology Electronic device Electrical wiring
Text Vehicle Design Family car Electronics

See less See more
#2 ·
Yes, I have exactly those Track 77's installed all around. Personally I don't understand why someone wants to mess around with the resistors, since it's so much easier to switch the relay. Costs about 20 €.
But if you do, you have to use all the resistors that came with the indicators, since the CB has 21W bulbs in the original ones...

#4 ·
Thanks mate..Yeah switching the relay is the easiest and less complicated way..But i want to keep the originals on the rear for now..Hopefully someone has this set up and can tell me it works ok without resistors or changing the relay..I have mini LED's now on the front with no resistors and it works fine..I don't want to try it and blow a bulb or something worse..

#3 ·
You must have enough resistance to fool the indicator relay to thinking it's running two 21w bulbs, otherwise the flash rate will be wrong. (Fast).

If you have LED indicators all round you can swap the indicator relay (under the riders seat)to run all four LED's.

Why you have two resistors seems weird............ Must be two low wattage resistors ????

I would install it as per Rizoma's instructions, just to be on the safe side.

Good luck.

Diagram Line Parallel

#5 ·
You must have enough resistance to fool the indicator relay to thinking it's running two 21w bulbs, otherwise the flash rate will be wrong. (Fast).

If you have LED indicators all round you can swap the indicator relay (under the riders seat)to run all four LED's.

Why you have two resistors seems weird............ Must be two low wattage resistors ????

I would install it as per Rizoma's instructions, just to be on the safe side.

Good luck.

View attachment 17517

Thanks Gargy for your diagram..It is a little different compared to Rizomas diagram..But i'm sure it would work just the same..Like you said the resistors supplied with mine must be of a low wattage and therefore the need to double up..It's just a lot to tuck behind the headlight and i was hoping someone has had success without resistors while having the original bulb type on the rear of bike..The flash rate is normal as i have it now with 2 LED's on front,and normal on back..That's how i would like to fit the new ones but not sure if it will blow the bulbs..
Do you think it would safe just to try it without resistors first?.
Are the resistors there only to slow the flash rate or do they also alter the power to the bulb?

#6 ·
hey lads
What type of new relay would you put in for the LEd indicators instead of having all the ressitors

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.