Honda CB1000R Forum banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

Registered
I took my bike in last year for 8k service. Technician carefully looked over the whole bike for damage. Just one thing. Scratches on the tank.

I think I'm going to have to pay to get it resprayed and clearcoated with something stronger than sugar.

Registered
I have the red tank. Mine is showing signs of wear. Maybe a repaint is in order. It's only bad where my knees sit. I'm sure the black makes it much more noticable.

Registered
I'd bet there using some kind of save the planet paint. Which means more repaints and or parts in the landfill because they wear out to quick. The opposite of what they say they want.

Registered
The Paint is not just a Honda thing, every manufacture has switched to "cleaner" paints. Cleaner for the environment and the people who work in the paint industry. Hard to find an older body worker still kickin' it in his 60's and up.

I'm curious as to what a stock dyno run compares to an 18-20 CB. I agree the stock tuning is shit on these bikes. The head Japanese engineer for this bike said the most crucial thing for this bike was that it must have character. But in typical Japanese fashion, they meticulously manufactured the character into the bike. To the point of it feeling more on the unnatural and synthetic side.

But hell, all the electronic interventions could definability be a part of the robbing experience as well.

Registered
2019 CB1000R
The head Japanese engineer for this bike said the most crucial thing for this bike was that it must have character.
The most crucial thing is that it doesn't exceed EPA maximum noise levels. Compare the air intakes and horsepower of US SC77 and SC82 models to UK models.

Registered
I think they should have used the nighthawk name, that was a great bike and I think this CB would do the heritage proud.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts