Honda CB1000R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Got mine 3 days ago , looks like i got Honda courtesy another time ....
With this comment posted in the Ultimate Motorcycling web page regarding the 2021 NSC, have you noticed these changes have made noticeable improvement?
  1. The fueling settings are new for 2021. A Honda spokesman tells us that the new settings “have been optimized, smoothing power delivery and improving response.”
2021 Honda CB1000R Black Edition First Look (10 Fast Facts, 13 Photos) (ultimatemotorcycling.com)

Then wonder if the ECU would back-fit to the '18/19 models.

·
Registered
775 Posts
21 ECu will not fit older model , ECU , wiring harness and many many connectors are also changed for the euro5 models (yes even the front indicator connectors are different)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Can you turn the indicator running lights off?
Yes, there's an additional wire you can disconnect. I don't have any pics, so don't remember which colour wire it was, but it's quite easy to check with a multi-meter as to which one goes live with the ignition on.

·
Registered
59 Posts
What a magnificent motorbike .

After receiving my black edition this week I can say it's a wonderful bike.
The finish is just sick.
The power and the handling are just perfect.
Japanese quality.
This bike made me a better motorcyclist and I immediately felt comfortable on it.
It is relatively well equipped.
The quickshift I used for the first time is really cool.
The tft screen is very good and very readable and configurable.
I connected my android phone to the bike and it's really good we can have the navigation, the weather, the calls ect.
Only downside is as I feared the paint seems very fragile but I applied a good layer of ceramic coating and it should protect.
In short, I recommend it to everyone.

Ok so after 1250Km I come back for an update of my review.
The bike as such is really great.
The performance is just incredible for me and I am far from having discovered its full potential.
This engine is just splendid.
The handling is perfect for me.
Where I am very insastified is all the rest ... the painting is full of swirl that jumps in my face.
All paint ..tank..seat cowl..ect ect. I tried everything to protect the paint..wax..ceramic coating ect.
The cheap plastic covering the headlight is already scratched.
I don't know what the bike will look like at 50,000km.
Really very disappointed with the durability of the finish.
My old bike was a 1997 honda magna and when I sold it it looked like new.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Ok so after 1250Km I come back for an update of my review.
The bike as such is really great.
The performance is just incredible for me and I am far from having discovered its full potential.
This engine is just splendid.
The handling is perfect for me.
Where I am very insastified is all the rest ... the painting is full of swirl that jumps in my face.
All paint ..tank..seat cowl..ect ect. I tried everything to protect the paint..wax..ceramic coating ect.
The cheap plastic covering the headlight is already scratched.
I don't know what the bike will look like at 50,000km.
My old bike was a 1997 honda magna and when I sold it it looked like new.

·
Registered
2019 CB1000R
698 Posts
Honda may have had to reformulate their paints to meet some environmental standard in UE and CA as it seems a common complaint. I have no issues with my American market 2019.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Honda may have had to reformulate their paints to meet some environmental standard in UE and CA as it seems a common complaint. I have no issues with my American market 2019.

With the black paint of my black edition it's really obvious.
It would probably look less with another color.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts