Honda CB1000R Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2013 CB100R White
1,753 Posts
but back to the (earlier) thread-jack: here are the speed limits in the USA by state:

I've ridden I-15 in southern Utah, posted 80 mph. most traffic seemed to travel at about 85.

I've ridden I-10 between LA and Phoenix, posted 75. most traffic seemed to travel at about 85. altho I had a fairly long 'play session' with a Panamerica at about 140.... the bike gets a pretty good weave on at that speed, with luggage...

I've ridden US 50 ("the loneliest road in America") across Nevada, twice . I don't recall there being a posted limit. I drifted along comfortably at about 85. except for that time the blue Vette came up behind me, fast... so he went by, and I wicked it up... to about 130, for the 20 minutes... together... then I gave him a wave and stopped for gas, while he continued!

I've ridden several interstates in Montana, and there is no daytime limit. most traffic seems to travel at 85 - 90.

but the fastest road I've ever ridden was I-75, north from Chattanooga to Knoxville. I recall the posted limit as 75, and I seldom ride faster than 85 mph ( 140kph ). at that speed, the majority of the traffic was flowing past me at a fair clip. I'd estimate one car in 10 was doing 100 mph! freakin' hell, man! OK if you know the road, and if you're in a cage; but scary on a bike! if anything goes wrong, you're dead, full stop!

·
Registered
2013 CB100R White
1,753 Posts
So far, I have no need to drop a gear when I overtake at speeds above 55 MPH. The engine's behavior has a similar feel compared to the CBR1000RR.

The lower RPM torque curve is non-linear and steeper in its initial climb compared to the CBR. Have to get used to this non-linear characteristic.
In the early days of promoting the CB1000R, Honda themselves said that the CB was quicker to 100 kph than the CBR, just cuz the torque came on at lower rpm; and torque x rpm = HP, so under about 7000 rpm the CB actually makes MORE power than the CBR! of course, in the upper rpm range, things change.... fast!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts