Honda CB1000R Forum banner

Review of 2021 CB1000R (Black Ed) - USA Model - from a CBR1000RR SP Owner

18K views 110 replies 11 participants last post by  ArtyY 
#1 · (Edited)
Have been salivating over the Black Ed for months and finally rode it home in the rain and loved every bit of it.

Looks Dept
Looks are subjective. Is that true? Yes, it is true when the looks are borderline. But, when it is overwhelmingly beautiful (like a super model), I think most people will agree that she is beautiful, with a fraction of the people disagreeing. To me, the CB1000R (Black Ed) is like a super model. It’s so eye-catching that when I walked away, I had to turn my head for a second look. The lines and curves are almost similar to Italian supercars. Yes, the Neo Sports Cafe CB1000R Black Edition (NSC/BE) is that good looking and it does live up to the Cafe part of the Neo Sports Cafe.

Exhaust Note:
Before I begin, I’m not one of those who likes to replace parts because it is popular to do so (like replacing the exhaust). The factory exhaust note is simply glorious to my ears; especially, at the lower RPMs. It sounded like a machinery that is dipped in butter and has enough of the metallic raspiness to give it that masculine presence. Like my CBR1000RR SP, I do not think I will replace it, it is music to my ears.

Torque and Power:
The bumps on the torque curve arrives much earlier than my CBR1000RRs; mainly, due to the fact that NSC/BE is meant to move about in the streets rather than on the track. Below 5,000 RPM, the torque of the NSC hovers above 50 lb-foot earlier than the Fireblade and maintains it at that level till slightly over 5K RM. At 6,000 RPM, the speed range is already somewhere in high 80's to lower 90's MPH. Above 6,500 RPM, there is bump up in the torque to hit its peak torque.

So, watch how you twist that right handle grip. Even at lower RPM ranges, like 3-4,000 RPM, I can feel the rear wheel throwing the bike forward in a very raw manner. In short, I would not recommend leaning into your right hand or have any unnecessary pressure against your right hand; as we all know, pressure on the right hand can inadvertently twist the grip and send you somewhere you did not intend to go. So, I make sure I hold the right grip very gently.

Throttle By Wire (TBW):
I know some of us are purists and nothing digital can come close to analog controls, like cables. I hear what you are saying and I still have a 2005 CBR1000R that is cable-controlled. Having said this, I now have 3 TBW bikes and honestly, I cannot really tell if the throttle is cabled or not. Yes, they have improved chip/sensor-driven throttle markedly over the years. When the bike is already in motion, the input of the fueling action is instant as far as I can feel it on the rear wheel. Based on experience, I think it will be even smoother & responsive when the bike hits 3-4,000 miles on the odometer — the engine and chassis will be more settled down.

There is a little quirkiness when accelerating from stationary. I encountered a couple of times when I twisted the right handle and it seemed like nothing happed for a fraction of a second and then it kicked in. I cannot put my finger on anything I did that may have caused that. I’ll keep this issue in view and report back if more of it happen in the future. I posted this finding on the NSC group in Facebook and 2 persons confirmed that they experienced the same thing. One even said it caused him to drop his bike in the first few days due to this issue.

Self-cancelling Signal Light
Never had this feature before in my bikes and it is quite novel to me, just like when I first started using QuickShifters. This is another marvel which increased the pleasure of riding this machine than without it. I think it will become more prevalent as riders and manufacturers realized that this is something which the machine should take care of it and the rider really does not want to be bothered by such mundane operations. After all, signal lights are not related to performance; so, to me, it is a chore which I will not miss if the machine can do it for me. One caveat with Honda’s implementation for this feature is that this: if the turn is a 90 degrees turn, it worked like a charm; but, if the turn is a gentler curve, the signal light will not be cancelled as quickly as it will rely on the Change-Lane feature with a 7 seconds expiration.

Honda QuickShifter (QS)
The first time I get to ride with a real Honda-implemented QS was on my 2018 CBR1000RR SP. I thought the QS on my SP was a little notchy but so far, it has been close to 100% reliable and there was never a hesitation in all of the gear shifting. I have to say that the QS on the NSC is less notchy and definitely smoother. I am using Medium setting for sensitivity.

Braking system
So far so good; the brakes felt like my 2005 CBR1000RR Tokico brakes. They have the same feel, same type of bite, no negative surprises.

Tires
Well, for my NSC/BE, it came with a factory installed Pirelli Diablo Rosso III. Can’t comment much on these tires except that they are a less track-oriented version of the Diablo Supercorsa, even the tread pattern resembles it. On the whole I expect it to be quite high performing on dry road; although the Pirelli website stated that it has better wet road holding than the previous generation.

Vibrations (handle-bars, foot-pegs & seat)
I have taken the bike beyond 65 MPH momentarily, just to slide the engine across the RPM range. I did not experience any harshness or vibrations on the handle-bars, foot-pegs or seat that I can report about. At least for my copy of this bike, Honda did a very job in taming those down. Just for comparison, I can still feel some amount of vibrations that are noticeable in my Ninja 1000SX even though it has a larger engine and it has 4,000+ miles on it. On my CBR1000RR SP, those vibrations at certain RPM ranges are beginning to go away as I ride it beyond 2,500 miles. New bikes really take some time to settle in; so, I need to be patient.

Fairings Absent and wind protection
This is my first naked bike and I really did not know what to expect after reading so many horror stories about wind buffeting and intolerable wind pressures. Well, I took the bike above 65 MPH and tugged in, wearing a Shoe RF1400. It did not feel that much different from my CBR1000RR SP at that those speeds. So, the key is tugging in, as in chest on the tank and face forward: it has the same effect as on a supersports bike with fairings.

Chassis and Suspension
As far as handling is concerned, I believe the bike lived up to the Sports part of the Neo Sports Cafe designation. It is very nimble, almost CBR1000RR-like. With the extended handle bar (compared to the clip-ons on a CBR1000RR), the leverage gave it a super responsive steering input and the front suspension handled everything you throw at it. The only thing it felt a little weird are the road feel is more than what the Ohlin suspension on my CBR SP gave me; perhaps, a little too much, because I can feel almost every pebble or large gravel the bike roll over at speeds below 40 MPH. The right handle grip seem a little loose to the extent that I can feel it bouncing a little when going over small rocks or pebbles. I looked around but cannot find any causes for this looseness.

Public Image
Needless to say, a naked bike conjures up a stereotypical impression (think hooligan) and a 100% black naked bike confirms that image even more so. Consequently, I am going to avoid more black in my attire but will liberally add Hi-Vis colors to brush away some of the hooliganism from public opinions. Nothing is springing from inside me to have any intention to exhibit hooliganism.

Wish list & Issues
  • Curb weight (467 lbs) is quite heavy. I wished Honda had used stronger and lighter materials.
  • Service Manuals are still not published yet at Helm Inc.
  • Bluetooth connectivity to phone (why is it not available in the US?)
  • Left mirror mount bar: kept hitting it when I lift up my left hand. Not sure why.
----------
Will add more to this over the course of the next few months when I ride more.

======================
UPDATE: Oct 18, 2021

Survey from Honda

North America Honda Powersports sent me 2 emails: one, to thank me and provide some links to some not very useful resources and the other for a survey.

The survey focused everything about the delivery and the dealer. Not a single question was about the bike itself. Hmmm, Honda must be thinking that they have produced a perfect bike; therefore, there is no need to ask. :unsure:;)🤪 That's a pretty sad state of affair, considering it was a post-sale survey.
May be later, there is another survey about the product itself ... I'll be patient to wait.

======================
UPDATE: Oct 20, 2021

Suspension

When I first saw/read reviews about the lower quality rear shocks, I brushed it aside and thought to myself that it cannot be that bad. Well, now that I have about 300+ miles of riding, I have to say that the suspension is really not good enough; perhaps, it was not correctly set in the factory. I never had any issues with suspensions from my 2005 CBR1000RR, 2018 CBR1000RR SP and 2021 Ninja 1000SX. As it is, from the factory, the bike is very bouncy when it goes over bumps at 55 MPH or faster. It gave me the feeling like it wants to throw me off the bike. At lower speeds in urban centers, crossing road constructions, it is very jittery and twitchy. In short, I don't feel safe to continue riding it until I commit resources into learning to fine-tune the suspension. This is quite a shocker as it is a product from Honda and I expected more.

Anyway, I have committed an entire evening reading, understanding the physics and have finally set the front suspension to Owner's Manual specs and the Rear Rebound Damping slightly harder than what the Owner's Manual prescribed. Let's see how the bike will behave in my next ride on the usual roads when the weather permits.

======================
UPDATE: Oct 21, 2021

Tested re-adjusted Suspension

The increase in rear shock Rebound Damping tamed it considerably. It took away around 70% of the throw-you-off-the-bike feeling when I go over bumps at 55 MPH or higher. At slower speeds, the rear is also pretty tame now. In general, it can have a little less Compression Damping in the rear but unfortunately, this particular dimension is not adjustable with the OEM shock.

Setting the front suspension to factory specs reduce the twitchiness by around 30-40%. It's still bouncy but better than before. I'll make incremental adjustments and see how it goes.

Gears and weirdness
This occurred twice today when I upshifted from 4th to 5th and from 5th to 6th, the gear indicator went from "4" -> "-" and it felt like a Neutral, rev shot through the roof.
Had to re-try upshift and it engaged correctly. Anyone seen this before?

======================
UPDATE: Oct 30, 2021

Fuel consumption

Looks like the fuel consumption is a little higher than other 4-cylinders bikes I own. It is currently hovering in the lower 40's MPG, higher than my CBR1000RR's which have approached upper 40's MPG. It's still a new engine and it is settling in. I have been keeping track of it at Fuelly.

Suspension
Rear shock is more or less there but can be adjusted further.
Front fork is also more or less there at mid-range and higher speeds; but, at lower speeds over construction areas with lots of undulation on road, it still felt like I'm riding a horse. I had to lean forward and take off almost all pressure off the right hand grip to prevent snappy fueling due to bumps.

Pirelli Diablo Rosso III Tires
These are pretty impressive tires. They are sticky even when the ambient temperatures are cold. They quickly warm up and build confidence when you push them. I think I will probably replace these OEM tires with the same tires when I am done with these.

======================
UPDATE: April 12, 2022

Fuel consumption

The bike is now around 2,000 miles on the odometer and it is giving me a feeling that the fuel consumption has finally stabilized and the engine has settled in. For the last 4-5 tank fill, it has been consistently hovering around 44-47 MPG. I'm surprised it is around the same fuel consumption as my other bikes which have fairings.

Flickability
I am not exactly sure which part of the CB's design contributed most to this feature but I guess the trail, rake, the wheelbase etc. But, the point of the matter is that this bike is more flickable than my Ninja 1000SX and my 2005 CBR1000R. It just felt like it can turn corners better and felt more highly maneuverable. Perhaps, it is the naked bike DNA showing up but certainly lived up to its name. On the whole, it is very eager to please.

Long distance
I have not done this yet and will report when I finally get to do it when weather permits. KIV ...

Tire Wheel Cloud Sky Fuel tank

Land vehicle Vehicle Tire Motor vehicle Automotive tire
Tire Land vehicle Wheel Vehicle Car

Wheel Tire Fuel tank Plant Vehicle

Wheel Tire Plant Fuel tank Vehicle

Tire Wheel Bicycle wheel Automotive tire Vehicle brake
Tire Plant Fuel tank Vehicle Wheel

See less See more
Reactions: Bevo
#7 · (Edited)
. I thought the QS on my SP was a little notchy but so far, it has been close to 100% reliable and there was never a hesitation in all of the gear shifting. I have to say that the QS on the NSC is less notchy and definitely smoother.
Interesting. The QS on my SP is seamless. My NSC QS is nice, but not as smooth.
I wished Honda had used stronger and lighter materials.
That would have resulted in a higher price on a bike that isn't a big seller as is.

#12 ·
Thanks for your review. The Black Edition is such a great-looking bike - I hope you enjoy many happy miles together!

I used to own a 955i Speed Triple, and found the wind blast above 130 km/h (or 80 mph) to be quite tiring. My 2018 1000R is much better, not that I spend a lot of time at such velocities. But I've also owned faired bikes and the Honda's no harder to ride despite being naked. Perhaps some development hours were spent in the wind tunnel?

#15 · (Edited)
Thanks again for the great review. (You actually saved me quite a bit of time because I was getting ready to do a quick review myself since I now have over 200 miles on it). Your review really captures much of how I feel about it. I'm going to provide some point-by-point thoughts on your outline:

1. Looks -- I think it checks most of the boxes. I find it to be a very handsome bike, with a strong dose of badassery present. The gas tank is a work of art IMO.

2. I like the exhaust note once is warms up. Great deep rumble at idle and 'I mean business' roar under acceleration. I will NOT be changing the factory exhaust.

3. Throttle / fueling --- close to perfection. This may have the best factory throttle/fueling result I've experienced in a stock bike. Starting with Euro 3 close to 10 years ago, I think a lot of motorcycle companies struggled with fueling. (I've had all 4 Japanese brands since 2008 -- and I believe it is true). Some were better than others, but in each case -- I had to send the ECU off for a reflash to fix it. I will admit -- the 2018 Triumph Street Triple R that I owned had perfect fueling as well. This BE is just as good; very very happy with the throttle. (Sidenote -- there is little if any driveline lash partly because of the terrific fueling. Obviously you need a properly adjusted chain if you would happen to experience it).

4. QS -- I like it. I generally use it acccelerating away ... but tend to use the clutch downshifting. No issues with it.

5. Braking -- front brakes are terrific. I've never been thrilled with any rear brakes and these are fine. The rear brakes are slightly better than the wooden feel of my previously owned 2018 Z900RS.

6. Vibration -- nothing of note. Maybe a little at some higher RPMs, but nothing that I wouldn't consider normal. For me, this is not a 400 mile a day motorcycle. There is no annoying or unusual vibrations to speak of IMO.

7. Naked bike -- check. I like naked bikes because that what I grew up (1981 Kawasaki KZ650). Someday -- I'll grow up and get a proper sport touring machine. 2022 Honda NT1100???

8. Chassis / suspension -- TBD. So far, I can report that the front forks perform nicely for my type of riding. (Leisurely pace most of the time around town -- and then high speed pursuit in the middle of nowhere around 10% of the time). The front forks are nicely composed for the current settings, however, yesterday on the 10% ride -- the rear shock can get unsettled on roads that have some undulations. We tried dialing in the settlings last week, but I may re-think the rear settings.

9. Weight -- no concerns. I find 467 to be perfectly acceptable for a motorcycle with this level of performance. I want a little heft behind it for straightline stability. In any event, the motorcycle doesn't feel heavy when riding it or when moving it around in the garage.

For the 1st 130 miles -- I rode around the countryside and city streets at a leisurely pace. Generally I kept the revs below 4 to 5 thousand -- no lugging, no serious zinging, and no hard stops. On the 80 mile ride yesterday, I took it up a notch and zinged it several times to 8,000 RPMs for very short bursts, but kept it mostly below 5,500 RPMs on average. I felt guilty for the 8,000 hammer on such a new motor, but it was definitely happy doing it. I have not and will not do any full throttle work until many more miles under the belt. I never know how to behave during the break-in period. There are so many opinions on the subject, i.e., similar to the constant oil debate where fights break out. I'm basically doing a light to medium break-in.

So far so good. I think it is a great motorcycle ----

Sent from my LG-V521 using Tapatalk

#16 ·
Thank you for the review. Interesting read.

8. Chassis / suspension -- TBD. So far, I can report that the front forks perform nicely for my type of riding. (Leisurely pace most of the time around town -- and then high speed pursuit in the middle of nowhere around 10% of the time). The front forks are nicely composed for the current settings, however, yesterday on the 10% ride -- the rear shock can get unsettled on roads that have some undulations. We tried dialing in the settlings last week, but I may re-think the rear settings.
I have to admit that the bike is bouncy when I rode through road constructions areas. I may soften the suspension if it continues to be a problem.
Some people complained about the rear shocks being too soft in early copies of this model (mentioned in VisorDown First Ride review).
Factory may have made it too hard now.

Is yours too bouncy or too soft when you said "the rear shock can get unsettled" ?

[...]
So far so good. I think it is a great motorcycle ----
It's always a deep pleasure to see another person enjoying his bike --- true therapy occurring in the whole being!
Tell us more when you ride more.

#22 · (Edited)
[...]
The Öhlins forks on the SC77 are supposed to be serviced every 3 years, not the shock.
You are right! Sorry about that.

Looks like they have a more affordable version for street bikes for around $600. Not sure if this will fit.
Doesn't look like they have one for the 2021 CB. They support it up to 2019 only. sigh

#27 ·
A little dated
3 months ago rode the CB1000R from the dealer

Map Terrestrial plant Grass Screenshot Landscape

... underwhelming!
Blog: Honda CB1000R (2018) suspension settings said:
...The B1190 from Horncastle to Bardney
Be it Horncastle to Bardney, Barstow to Vegas or back,
riding a CB1000R rocking horse, shocks dialed default,
on a twisty rutted potholed road where the longest straight is about 200 yards
tests basic survival skills.

Front end bottoming out, twitching, back following her own and different drummer,
the bike jerked haphazardly a demented black mygale on adderall.

For ages, a ballerina size 18 stones, without ATGATT,
I don't need written consent anymore to dial shocks.
...but the basics are explained if we want to configure the numbers for the suspension.
Reached home.
Took 7 mighty clonks on rear preload ring, full hard on the lonely screw at the bottom,
10 turns with a repurposed wood chisel on the right fork leg and some significant tightening
of the tiny little screws on the left fork cap.

Then the CB1000R sawhorse rode, more or less,
like a motorcycle.

Natürlich comfort wasn't part of this compromise.

#34 ·
'Bounce out of the saddle' or 'kicked up the ass' feeling from the rear can be tweaked by the rear shock rebound damping - go a quarter turn harder & try your route again. If improved but not quite right, go another quarter turn.

Obviously only make this change if you have already set the preload correctly for your weight. Use the chart as above (just as a guide - not a rulebook), and you will not be too far away from the right settings.

Don;t be too religious with charts like these though, we all ride differently, want a different 'feeling' from the bike, and travel different roads.

That's the fun of dialling in suspension :)

#36 ·
.... Use the chart as above (just as a guide - not a rulebook), and you will not be too far away from the right settings.
The chart is fine to know the basic settings.
Rather than wander into some crazy settings and ruin the experience.

Before the active suspensions, long time ago,
riding the archeological Honda CB1000R.
Calls for Grand-Ma tools of the trade:

Screw drivers, some big flat blade thingus, hook spanner,
zip tie for visual travel of front shocks.
Long narrow grease pencil, 'cause zip tie on the rear shock not practical.
Add patience, know-how and know-why.

An HB pencil AND a piece of paper to record the settings.
Case you want to go back to what seemed OK before.

Last items can be replaced with phone, tablet, whatever
running some kind of memo app.

The idea is to go one click at a time or quarter turn as said...

All that can be replaced by someone who's experienced in the trade
and you trust.
Recommended.

...That's the fun of dialling in suspension :)
Then you hit the Xth century cobblestones in old Le Mans.
Fun; hang for dear life.
Stretches of preserved roman way where huge flat stones are set far apart, angled crazy.
Also help enjoy the fun in your settings.

Pro tip...
First tip: don't try 75 mph around here sitting or standing.
Some roads aren't race track grade, with walls left and right, cages with driver on phone,
lithuanian HGV drivers watching porno while napping at the wheel,
cranky timekeepers in uniform lurking in the bushes crouching on dog poo.
License will be gone for good before 3d strike.

Second tip:
Some places 75 mph sounds optimistic in any position on the bike.
Proper shocks settings only to stay in your lane.

Here: Collada de Toses, Castellar de n'Hug, La Pobla de Lillet,
GPS track on much faster bikes with more better shocks or the CB1000R
never hit 75 mph.

Ecoregion Map Screenshot Terrestrial plant Font

The truth is elsewhere.

And No,
Mulholland drive, the Tail of the Dragon, aren't in the same league of commute.

#45 · (Edited)
I will try to bump up the rear shock Rebounding Damping and see what happens. By the way, the bounciness obviously gets worse as the speed is higher; i.e. above 55 MPH. I did raise my butt whenever I see a bump approaching on a highway.

And, yes, for those who are not Americans, our Interstate highways (called freeways) is quite an animal. In Texas, they are usually class-1 roads, which means they are not asphalt but concrete, which are more expensive, last longer and better quality. I know because when I was living in Houston, my friend was working in the Texas Highway Dept.

Usually, the posted max speeds ranges from 55 MPH all the way to 80 MPH in more remote areas. I may be wrong with the upper limit, there may be states that allow 85 MPH, which I am not aware of. Although, they are not German autobahn, when you have wide open roads, people speed a lot. Most traffic flow around 20 MPH above the speed limit in large cities like Houston. When I commuted from NJ to NYC on interstate I-78, you would be endangering yourself if you cannot keep at 80-85 MPH with the morning traffic, even though the posted speed limit is 65 MPH. I would have to respect the NJ/NYC/Connecticut drivers; they certainly have better skills in their high speed driving.

So, there you have it, the American interstate freeways are like a semi-autonomous "autobahn", where there is a legal speed limit but in actuality, it is determined by the flow of the traffic. The cops close one eye until they need to bag some people to fulfill their monthly speeding-ticket quota.

#48 ·
I will try to bump up the rear shock Rebounding Damping and see what happens. By the way, the bounciness obviously gets worse as the speed is higher; i.e. above 55 MPH. I did raise my butt whenever I see a bump approaching on a highway.

And, yes, for those who are not Americans, our Interstate highways (called freeways) is quite an animal. In Texas, they are usually class-1 roads, which means they are not asphalt but concrete, which are more expensive, last longer and better quality. I know because when I was living in Houston, my friend was working in the Texas Highway Dept.

Usually, the posted max speeds ranges from 55 MPH all the way to 80 MPH in more remote areas. I may be wrong with the upper limit, there may be states that allow 85 MPH, which I am not aware of. Although, they are not German autobahn, when you have wide open roads, people speed a lot. Most traffic flow around 20 MPH above the speed limit in large cities like Houston. When I commuted from NJ to NYC on interstate I-78, you would be endangering yourself if you cannot keep at 80-85 MPH with the morning traffic, even though the posted speed limit is 65 MPH. I would have to respect the NJ/NYC/Connecticut drivers; they certainly have better skills in their high speed driving.

So, there you have it, the American interstate freeways are like a semi-autonomous "autobahn", where there is a legal speed limit but in actuality, it is determined by the flow of the traffic. The cops close one eye until they need to bag some people to fulfill their monthly speeding-ticket quota.
New Mexico has some 85 limits. I think several other states too. And I think maybe Montana has no daytime speed limit on some roads.

Concrete roads are horrible in so many ways.

#46 ·
On closer inspection, looks like the rear shock Pre-Load was set to position #1 by the factory when the Owner's manual says #3.
In this case, I've now lost all confidence that the bike was set to factory specs in terms of the other settings. May be these were set by the dealer? Not sure.
I'm going to re-validate everything now.

Reactions: Bevo
#67 ·
Informative video!

One side point he made in the vid (besides the main point) was the ability to ride home when you broke the clutch lever completely or your clutch cable snapped, using clutch-less shifts.
Hmmm ... how do you do that if you cannot get past the 1st gear without friction zone?

#72 · (Edited)
but back to the (earlier) thread-jack: here are the speed limits in the USA by state:

I've ridden I-15 in southern Utah, posted 80 mph. most traffic seemed to travel at about 85.

I've ridden I-10 between LA and Phoenix, posted 75. most traffic seemed to travel at about 85. altho I had a fairly long 'play session' with a Panamerica at about 140.... the bike gets a pretty good weave on at that speed, with luggage...

I've ridden US 50 ("the loneliest road in America") across Nevada, twice . I don't recall there being a posted limit. I drifted along comfortably at about 85. except for that time the blue Vette came up behind me, fast... so he went by, and I wicked it up... to about 130, for the 20 minutes... together... then I gave him a wave and stopped for gas, while he continued!

I've ridden several interstates in Montana, and there is no daytime limit. most traffic seems to travel at 85 - 90.

but the fastest road I've ever ridden was I-75, north from Chattanooga to Knoxville. I recall the posted limit as 75, and I seldom ride faster than 85 mph ( 140kph ). at that speed, the majority of the traffic was flowing past me at a fair clip. I'd estimate one car in 10 was doing 100 mph! freakin' hell, man! OK if you know the road, and if you're in a cage; but scary on a bike! if anything goes wrong, you're dead, full stop!

#73 ·
Ah well there you go. I knew I'd driven on an 85 stretch driving from Gulfport, Mississippi to San Jose, California on i10 ... but it must have been part of Texas, not New Mexico.

On that 85 stretch, the standard pace appeared to be 100. Here in the San Francisco bay area, 65 is the normal limit, but much of the time even 75 is 'slow' compared to the majority. And many bikers will lane-split at 80++. So I've heard cough.

#75 ·
thread-jack:... and back

The idea of blasting WFO throttle on a straight empty road is much much fun
Best fun one can have with her clothes on.

Don't try this on no scenic Autobahn with a CB1000R.
The CB is heaviest and has the lowest HP of ALL the litre roadsters!

Slow riders and slow bikes are allowed.
But on a CB1000R, better avoid this left lane.

Some of the best motorcycle roads are in the mountains.

Trouble is the plods enjoy to man very efficient well hidden speed traps.
The fine could dent the little jaunt.
They can even keep your bike, they'll auction it to pay the fine!

Car Vehicle Sky Motor vehicle Automotive mirror

You're a cunning motorcyclist, you can sniff out a laser or a radar.
-Got a duty-free detector-

Only on those roads you can ride a CB1000R.
On the super slab you're just a retard clown, a commuter.

BUT
don't pass that Merc AMG.
See the little old lady driving the 4Matic Panzer.
She'll pick up her mobile phone, speed dial the Police Cantonale.

Few more kilometres farther you'll shed, on the spot, this hefty amount of simoleons.
You have the money, you keep your ride.
You'll call someone with a truck big or small to pick her up.

I'll suggest RGN.

You can sit on the CB1000R, gloves, boots, helmet, leathers, and all
for the truck ride to the border.
'cause you yourself won't drive here nothing with an engine for a long long while.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.