Honda CB1000R Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys.. so I've ordered a set of renthal bars and was wondering if theres an 'easy' way to measure up the holes and drill them as i do not want to drill 3 holes in the bars to get it right.

If there isnt an easy way, i will just take it to a garage to sort for me.

Thanks!

·
Registered
979 Posts
if i remember correctly i installed the bars (not the controls) put some masking tape on around the controls area and then lightly pressed them in to mark the tape. then you know where to drill.
might be an easier way though

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cheer bud, i will have a look once the bars arrive whether its something I'm willing to tackle myself or not.

I didnt have that in mind but instead of tape, use tippex or something along those lines.

·
Registered
6 Posts
You don't need to drill the bars at all. In fact I wouldn't want to possibly weaken them. When I fitted mine I took a die grinder to the lugs on the switch gear and then wrapped some insulation tape around the bars to stop the switch gear from moving once it was tightened on the bar.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You don't need to drill the bars at all. In fact I wouldn't want to possibly weaken them. When I fitted mine I took a die grinder to the lugs on the switch gear and then wrapped some insulation tape around the bars to stop the switch gear from moving once it was tightened on the bar.
Ahh fair enough.. didn't know if that was a viable option or not.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts