Honda CB1000R Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Honda CB1000RC
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently had my bike stolen one morning. I was on my way to work when the strangest thing happened. My shifter linkage rod, snapped in half while I was shifting into 3rd gear. I don’t know how it just broke in half the way it did. I pulled over and the side of the interstate. I had no tools with me at the time. I called my work and got someone to come pick me up. I locked the handle bars and took the key. I got picked up at roughly 8am. Returned on my lunch break just 4 hours later to find my bike had been stolen. Luckily a passerby called local police around 10am a reported a white truck loading up a black motorcycle, and the called thought it looked suspicious. Apparently, 2 or 3 people lifted the bike up and into the back of a pick up truck, as the handle bars were locked and rolling it up ramps was not an option. This almost 2 weeks ago and my bike has yet to be recovered. So don’t let your bike get stolen. I never thought it would happen so fast in broad daylight. I’m looking forward to getting a new bike, but probably won’t be able to find another cb1000. Sad sad days

·
Registered
155 Posts
...So don’t let your bike get stolen. I never thought it would happen so fast in broad daylight. I’m looking forward to getting a new bike, but probably won’t be able to find another cb1000. Sad sad days
Sad indeed.

Thieves are professionals sometimes good at their chosen calling.

Good luck finding another bike.

Hope you won't meet another set of brazen thieves.
We call them appraiser and insurers.
They are legal and efficient albeit sloth slow.

6 months ago scum took my MV from my garage the plod "found" it 3 weeks later
all stripped in some lowlife tenement basement.
Then insurers went in their ritual dance to wiggle out of the insurance contract.

What I clawed back from their greedy grubby little clenched hands
was enough to get a new CB1000R.

Went to the dealer and asked if he had any vehicle that thieves wouldn't bother with.
-"They'll steal anything, but get the little black one here you'll be pretty safe."
-"Uh ?"
-"Just park it next to a motorcycle, your Honda won't get stolen!'

Cheers mate :unsure: it's just a bike.

·
Registered
2021 Honda CB1000R Black Edition
22 Posts
Man I'm sorry that happened to you. Major major buzz kill. I'm not sure where you live, but there a number of CB1000R BE models for sale in dealerships in Iowa.

May a hideous continuously mutating pox advance on all motorcycle thieves unto the end of time. {Did I really just say that?}

Please keep us posted.

I recently had my bike stolen one morning. I was on my way to work when the strangest thing happened. {Snip} I’m looking forward to getting a new bike, but probably won’t be able to find another cb1000. Sad sad days

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2012 Honda CB1000RC
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yea, I live in a relatively small town. The crime rate is very low, and I honestly never thought it would be stolen before lunch. I’ve had a few of my friends say they think they saw it around the city I live in. One even called me and asked where my bike was when he saw it. But it has not yet been recovered. My insurance company is gonna pay off the financing company and I’ll be left to find a new bike. I was in the middle of doing a new paint job on it. So I had just spent a good Lyle chunk on the paint and everything needed for that. Was going with color shift paint called “The Riddler”

1 - 12 of 12 Posts