Honda CB1000R Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered a rear paddock stand from Biker Parts Direct and they cocked up the order and delivered 2 stands, neither of which I'd ordered - a front one and a rear one for double side swing arm. They reckon my stand went to someone else and I got their order. They're going to get the courier to pick up the wrong order and deliver the right one.

Just want to make sure that the one I've ordered is the right one (was listed in their catalogue as suitable for '09 onwards). Mine's '08 but I'm pretty sure it must be the right part for my bike. I'm sure one of you guys will confirm that for me. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
All 2008 CB1000r are classed as 2009 models as that was when it was suppose to be launched, so yes the stand should fit.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Biker Parts Direct delivered the right stand and took away the two wrong stands, so all is now well.

I think the Biketec stand is brilliant - so easy to use and holds the bike stable enough to have rear wheel turning in first gear. Makes lubricating and adjusting the chain an easy job.

Good value for less than £70, I'd say.

·
Administrator
7,101 Posts
Just make sure the wheel doesn't gradually slide off the spindle ! :thumbup

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I do chain lube manually - only let engine spin back wheel to distribute lubricant a bit. Get your point though about making sure stand doesn't work its way out of hub - I'll keep my eye on that.

·
Administrator
7,101 Posts
I just thought it was worth mentioning. :thumbup

1 - 9 of 9 Posts