Honda CB1000R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does any1 know what size allen or hex key you need for the bolts to put my rear pegs on? i have a visitor coming this weekend that wants me to take her for a ride but i gotta put the bike back in a passenger state!

·
Registered
11,186 Posts
Don't recall the size, but I'm 99% sure there's a key in the supplied tool-kit that fits. Have you none available? I just tried a couple until one fit personally :help

·
Registered
2,800 Posts
#8 , well, the front sets are anyway. Replace that crock o shite that is under the seat called " Tools ". :thumbup
Personally, I'd leave the rear pegs off in this instance , as she would have to wrap her legs around ya :banana

·
Registered
5,486 Posts
Giggity said:
#8 , well, the front sets are anyway. Replace that crock o shite that is under the seat called " Tools ". :thumbup
Personally, I'd leave the rear pegs off in this instance , as she would have to wrap her legs around ya :banana
But is it worth a scuffed petrol tank???? :smoke

·
Registered
327 Posts
Without the pillion pegs it would be best if her heels were on the pillion seat to save scratching the tank, then her bum would need to be at the base of the tank with her legs wrapped round you!! :thumbup

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
so iv checked what is ment to be in the tool kit and im def missing that allen key from my tool kit. So its a 8mm key or what, from looks i was guessing 10mm! does any1 in aus know what stores would sell them and how much $? p.s iv moved to a pretty country town! so

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
camo, it's a 8mm allen key you require for sure.
Don't you have yellow pages or the INTERNET over there??? :taunt2

·
Registered
11,186 Posts
By the sounds of it you should invest in a good set. I've got a nice set of Bondhus 'ball-end' keys (wait's for amusing if childish comments...) which I've been using for pretty much everything for the last 10+ years and they were my dad's before that. Just get a semi-decent set, rather than just an 8mm key, else you'll be back in a few weeks asking what size you now need for this and what size for that

·
Registered
2,800 Posts
camo said:
so iv checked what is ment to be in the tool kit and im def missing that allen key from my tool kit. So its a 8mm key or what, from looks i was guessing 10mm! does any1 in aus know what stores would sell them and how much $? p.s iv moved to a pretty country town! so
The cheapo allen/hex key set , available even in the wilds of Cornwall , i.e. the shorter set, as shown ( near the pen ) , usually is the second largest in the bunch is 8. About £1 for a shite set available in a chain of shops we have here called Poundland , where everything is...erm.. £1.
Light smearing of lube on threads , due to the fact that you have a ladyfriend there might be some in yer pocket :banana

To refix proper stylee , lite threadlock and 37 Nm Torque , but do not worry about this unless you crash as often as me :rolleyes1

I take pics of everything, me :emb

Attachments

·
Registered
2,800 Posts
Antnee said:
Giggity said:
I take pics of everything, me :emb
Which is exactly why we don't go to the toilet with you
Don't forget, yer sleeping at mine in april....I hear banjos :kiss
If the snow stops , i'm nipping over to PDQ to price up the shocks for cberik , stand by to shite yerself ££££££

(Missus wants to know if ya need a cot thingie....not for you , for the MCN senior test rider with ya )

·
Registered
2,800 Posts
Mrcb1 said:
Personally don't understand a bloke not having a toolbox FULL of MAN TOOLS in the 1st place ;)
I wish me "lunchbox" was as full as me tool box :emb
And I wish the tool in me lunchbox was as good as me socket set :rolleyes1 , i.e. two extra large sockets and a mutha of a Snap-On tool.

·
Registered
5,486 Posts
I was wanting one of those "snap-on" tools, but the Doc said I'd have to go private! :smoke

I'll just have to make do with me original tool for now, which is far from ideal as its getting very awkward to get a decent grip on it nowadays........ :bone

1 - 20 of 26 Posts