Honda CB1000R Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all

I was adjusting my chain slack and accidentally stripped the rear bearing holder pinch bolts. I’ve been looking for them everywhere and can’t find anything. Are these common socket cap bolts that I Can get at a hardware store? Anyone know the size?
Damn Honda for making these so hard to get to

·
Registered
596 Posts
yes thet will be standard cap head metric bolts ..if you have stripped the thread in the aluminium you can either heli coil . or drill to the nxt size thread and re tap.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yes thet will be standard cap head metric bolts ..if you have stripped the thread in the aluminium you can either heli coil . or drill to the nxt size thread and re tap.
I’m having troubles finding aluminum cab screws near me but everybody seems to have stainless steel. Do you happen to know if those will work all right?

·
Registered
596 Posts
I’m having troubles finding aluminum cab screws near me but everybody seems to have stainless steel. Do you happen to know if those will work all right?
the bolts won't be aluminium .stainless or just black will be fine .As they arre in an area that gets very dirty light oil or grease on the threads and under the head will help..

·
Registered
05 919; 14 CB1000R; 18 CB1000R
171 Posts
Local hardware store for the win. Had to go that route for shorter pair valve bolts when I installed block off plates. FYI, block of plates for the 08-16 CB1R fit the NSC.

·
Registered
05 919; 14 CB1000R; 18 CB1000R
171 Posts
block off plates what are they.
If you plan on removing the PAIRS valves on the top of the valve cover, you can get block off plates to lose all the bulk. Some people have been known to just plug the hose stem. I like the plates because it makes spark plug changes so much easier.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts