Honda CB1000R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
Re: REAL LIFE PICTURES FROM A SUNNY SATURAY ON THE ITALIAN COAST

Congratulations and well done with the photos. :thumbup

I think your son looks a better rider Roby!! ;)

·
Registered
11,186 Posts

:clap Brilliant, thanks Roberto! You're loving the bike I hope?

·
Registered
668 Posts

Ah an other black one with ABS. :clap :clap :clap :clap

·
Premium Member
2,891 Posts

FANTASTIC and thank you... the location looks amazing too..... just the sort of place I should be enjoying on holiday or something :lol

How are you finding the bike Roby...good or bad points?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

DAN said:
FANTASTIC and thank you... the location looks amazing too..... just the sort of place I should be enjoying on holiday or something :lol

How are you finding the bike Roby...good or bad points?
Well, I already told you on another post (GOTCHA!) that I'm enthusiastic about its engine and handling. It feels like a powerful 600 indeed.
Some "defects": the absence of any form of mudguard for the rear wheel makes the subspension horribly dirty after a few minues on wet road.
The sharp design of the tail, short and triangular, makes the big rear tyre spit water and dirt even on the backseat.

The horn is so small to be ridiculous in sound (Italians need a better horn :p )
The tank is declared to contain 17 liters, but I could fill just 13 coming out of the dealer and refill 2 more times when the indicator started to blink, again 13 liters. Maybe that 4 liters are actually the reserve amount ... but no more that 210 Kilometers between two gas stations.

Then I find the instrumentation very appealing, especially at nighttime, and not so bad even in sunlight.
I like the driving position very much. I wasn't familiar with naked bykes (coming from a VFR), so I find the wind disturbing in motorway (at 140Km/h I thougt to be at 200), but handling is great, even in jammed cities.

See you, I have to go to see 2nd half of Italy vs. Spain ;)

That's all on the "cons" side. I like it very much. Friendly as a scooter,

·
Registered
11,186 Posts

RobyGE said:
Some "defects": the absence of any form of mudguard for the rear wheel makes the subspension horribly dirty after a few minues on wet road.
Is the rear hugger available there yet? I have one on order, though it does look very small

RobyGE said:
Then I find the instrumentation very appealing, especially at nighttime, and not so bad even in sunlight.
Appealing :thumbup or Appalling :thumbdown ???

RobyGE said:
I like the driving position very much. I wasn't familiar with naked bykes (coming from a VFR), so I find the wind disturbing in motorway (at 140Km/h I thougt to be at 200)
Ha ha, welcome to the wonderful world of naked bikes. I love the wind blast personally; makes you feel like you're going so much faster than you really are so you don't need to go so fast to feel fast :lol

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

Shit, Italy just lost at penalties with Spain :angry

Well, I'd bettr think of my bike...

Antnee said:
Is the rear hugger available there yet? I have one on order, though it does look very small
I think so, but I had no time so far to check. I will, for sure ...

Antnee said:
Appealing :thumbup or Appalling :thumbdown ???
Well, you play an easy game by kidding me :taunt for my English. :help
I really meant "appealing". I like it. But I'm a computer guy, I like almost all hi-tech gadgets

Antnee said:
Ha ha, welcome to the wonderful world of naked bikes. I love the wind blast personally; makes you feel like you're going so much faster than you really are so you don't need to go so fast to feel fast :lol
This is actually the reason I used to convince my wife that I really needed to replace my VFR with a new and less fast bike. She remained skeptical, but I just called her to read your post. Thank you very much. :beer

·
Registered
11,186 Posts

RobyGE said:
Antnee said:
This is actually the reason I used to convince my wife that I really needed to replace my VFR with a new and less fast bike. She remained skeptical, but I just called her to read your post. Thank you very much. :beer
:thumbup Anything I can do to help promote marital bliss :thumbup

Just don't let her know that the bike can accelerate faster than your VFR and there will be no trouble! :lol

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

Antnee said:
Just don't let her know that the bike can accelerate faster than your VFR and there will be no trouble! :lol
Well, she came wih me for a short trip, the evening of its arrival. I took care to use just the minimum gas, because she had never come for a ride with me over 4 years.
At the end, close to home, there is an uphill straight segment, half a Km, where I used to open the gas before a corner. This time I jus opened a little bit in 3rd gear, up to 7000 rpm very gradually. No comment from her.

Once at home I asked "Is it so bad in confort?" She answered "Not realy. I expected worse. The engine is very smooth. I think the old VFR was more confortable but also faster, I remember stronger acceleration".

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!
:thumbup

·
Registered
77 Posts
I completely agree with Roby!
His comments are very precise and all he wrote is true!
:clap :clap :clap

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
andreanegri said:
I completely agree with Roby!
His comments are very precise and all he wrote is true!
:clap :clap :clap
Thanks Andrea

And thank you for your tip about the hard saddle.
If the audience expects a "bug hunting" activities I can report something more:
- the saddle keylock is in bad position, invisible, difficult to find by blind attempts, subject to get very dirty
- the mirrors are wrongly designed, I can't see another bike tat could be passing me until the very last moment

That's all!

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Hi roberto.

Glad your linking the bike. Was at Misano last year for the Ducati week, great country,some good roads (and one terrible one).

How do you find the sitting position compared to say a Monster (S2R1000).

I am about 5'6' do you think I will have issues touching the floor.

I hear some press complain that its a little forward for the sitting position, well so is the monster.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
sadbiker said:
Hi roberto.

Glad your linking the bike. Was at Misano last year for the Ducati week, great country,some good roads (and one terrible one).

How do you find the sitting position compared to say a Monster (S2R1000).

I am about 5'6' do you think I will have issues touching the floor.

I hear some press complain that its a little forward for the sitting position, well so is the monster.

Well, to be honest I never sat on a Monster (yeah, I know it's incredible for an Italian :rolleyes ). As I know the main difference is that Monster handle bar is in a lower, more sporty position. CB1000R driving position is more upright, more similar to a supermotard. I find it confortable (exception made for the quite hard saddle), I don't feel any wrist pain, wich was very common on my old VFR.
In order to answer to your question about your 5"6', well, wait a minute while I perform complicated calculation to convert it into metric units :banghead ... well, it means about 1.68 m, i.e. 7cm (less than 3 inches) shorter than me.
Obviously it also depends on your body proportions, probably you won't set both your feet flatly on the floor, but I don't think you'll be in troubles. I think the feeling will be something like the old Dominator, you can find actual saddle height in the net.
Moreover the bike feels lighter that its actual wiight, everybody report this impression. The wide handle bar makes it easy to push it back while standing beside.

But can't you find an expo bike yet at a Honda dealer?

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Uk's offical launch is the 4/5th , dealers only getting bikes this Friday for making up, So hoping to see one for first time sometime next week.

·
Registered
668 Posts
Which dealers are getting there bikes this Friday for next weeks launch. :bs

·
Registered
11,186 Posts
ALL of them should be. There was an official email that went to them all from Honda that said delivery on the 27th, release on the 4th (and not a day sooner), do not put one in the shop unless it's under cover and do not show them to anyone except VIPs and paid up buyers. Seen the email

·
Premium Member
1,444 Posts
RobyGE said:
Thanks Andrea

And thank you for your tip about the hard saddle.
If the audience expects a "bug hunting" activities I can report something more:
- the saddle keylock is in bad position, invisible, difficult to find by blind attempts, subject to get very dirty
- the mirrors are wrongly designed, I can't see another bike tat could be passing me until the very last moment

That's all!
Hopefully (depending on how much I get for my current bike) I will replace the mirrors with these:

Seen here on a Ducati Monster:

Here in Sweden Honda offers almost 500 Euro in accessories so I'll at least be able to buy a rear hugger and seat cowl.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts