Honda CB1000R Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I own a 2019 CB 1000R fitted with an SCPROJECTS S1-GP. I realize that there are no further fuel adjustments needed as it's a muffler only upgrade and not a full system. I guess my question is should I add a fuel module or flash the ecu to smooth out the midrange power delivery as my CB is basically stock or would it be a waste of money?

·
Registered
3 Posts
It's not going to make a huge difference. Unless you're doing a lot of track days, I wouldn't.
View attachment 50409

This is on a bike that has no CAT
Hi,
I understand from this that I can install Akra headers + can, keep the baffle in and not touch the ecu at all and it'll be fine?
Not necessarily looking for a power increase but for weight decrease and cleaner looks.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi,
I understand from this that I can install Akra headers + can, keep the baffle in and not touch the ecu at all and it'll be fine?
Not necessarily looking for a power increase but for weight decrease and cleaner looks.
Hi,
My understanding is if you do away with the catalytic converter you will need to change your fueling ratio via flashed ecu or a Rapidbike module. Rapidbike has a specific tune for CB1000R using a Akrapovic full system exhaust. I would contact Rapidbike and check with them as they are very knowledgeable. When I contacted them they responded within a day or two.

·
Super Moderator
2019 CB1000R
1,725 Posts
I've asked on the global site
I have no idea what year model you have but this is for 2022. Not sure why you're not able to go to www.akrapovic.com, select your bike, the system you want, and read the details and disclaimers. It even has detailed installation instructions with actual photos of every step of the process on the specific bike.
When mounting the optional headers to the EC/ECE type-approved Slip-On Line (Titanium) exhaust system, the EC/ECE type approval is no longer valid.

For perfect performance, throttle response, and durability, special mapping developed by Akrapovič R&D in collaboration with our partner Rapid Bike by Dimsport has to be used. Please visit Akrapovic , where you can download the mapping.

FYI, if you delete the CAT you have to change the fuel map or you could damage the engine

1 - 8 of 8 Posts