1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone fitted these?

https://www.rg-racing.com/browsebike/Honda/CB1000R/2013/ECS0035BK/#
https://www.rg-racing.com/browsebike/Honda/CB1000R/2013/ECS0036BK/

I had a low speed, no-injury, (pride-damaging) tip-over on some early season gravel, and while my DPM engine guards did their job and the bike escaped pretty much unscathed, the geometry of the system still allowed the base of the crankcase cover to get lightly grazed. I'd like to close the barn door before the horse leaves again...

Any alternatives to the R&G?

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
I put those on my 2018 after I was sideswiped. I chose them based on the damage the right-hand-side suffered.

I've not tested their effectiveness, thankfully, but they seem very well made and look like they protect the right area.

20181217_145118.jpg

·
Registered
103 Posts
I bought these R&G aero crash protectors for my bike.

C32462CB-94F1-4976-B43B-209E7D087B7C.jpeg

Unfortunately when they arrived I promptly decided not to fit them. They're larger and more obtrusive than I'd expected - they're big black things that stick out a long way. I've no doubt they work very well, but I'm after something sleeker.

So far, my solution has been to avoid dropping the bike.. ;)

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I bought these R&G aero crash protectors for my bike.
Unfortunately when they arrived I promptly decided not to fit them. They're larger and more obtrusive than I'd expected - they're big black things that stick out a long way. I've no doubt they work very well, but I'm after something sleeker.

So far, my solution has been to avoid dropping the bike.. ;)
good luck, Gromit.

you might want to consider the DPM guards. they are very expensive, but aesthetic, superbly made, and a much stronger system, as they attach to two bolt points. Unfortunately, you'll have to cut threads into the rear hole too.

here's a report:
https://www.hondacb1000r.com/forums/modification/23657-de-pretto-moto-paramotore-engine-guards-mk-ii.html

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks BigOne and panagiotis. we'll see if anyone else pipes up, but I reckon I gotta go for 'suspenders and a belt'...

I take it they are not too obtrusive? ( a bit hard to tell from photos...)

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
thanks BigOne and panagiotis. we'll see if anyone else pipes up, but I reckon I gotta go for 'suspenders and a belt'...

I take it they are not too obtrusive? ( a bit hard to tell from photos...)
I think they are about 12mm thick? Half an inch? I'll go look and get a picture shortly. Definitely not obtrusive.

·
Registered
333 Posts
I have the R&G Aero and case sliders on mine. Worked a treat when the bike fell over. Definitely would have been damage to the cases without them.

·
Registered
36 Posts
good luck, Gromit.

you might want to consider the DPM guards. they are very expensive, but aesthetic, superbly made, and a much stronger system, as they attach to two bolt points. Unfortunately, you'll have to cut threads into the rear hole too.

here's a report:
https://www.hondacb1000r.com/forums/modification/23657-de-pretto-moto-paramotore-engine-guards-mk-ii.html
What do you mean by "cut threads into the rear hole" Is that a hole on the bike? Or on the protector?

·
Registered
252 Posts
I've also just fitted some of the R&G lower case sliders and they are un-noticeable. Exactly how I wanted them to be.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
What do you mean by "cut threads into the rear hole" Is that a hole on the bike? Or on the protector?
sorry for late reply Onizuka. if you checked the link, you'll have seen that the DPM guards mount to the front and rear of the engine. front is no problem, but the rear requires threading into a 'hole' on a 'tab' on the back of the engine block. no big deal, but after sorta screwing up my first personal attempt, I had a machinist friend do the job properly the second time.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts