Honda CB1000R Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need some advice... I just bought a brand new 2019 CB1000R from the dealer. I had them put on the some OEM accessories one of those being the quickshifter. Downshifts are a little choppy but that was to be expected and I end up using the clutch for downshifts more often than not. The problem is with the upshifts... if I want to upshift using the quickshifter I need to blip the throttle or the shifter won't move. I've watched some videos online using the OEM quickshifter and they don't seem to have to blip the throttle at all just seamless upshifts using the quickshifter. I've tried basically every single rev range but no dice. Is this normal? Am I doing something wrong? Or should I just ask my dealer because I suspect something isn't right.

·
Registered
126 Posts
something isn't right.
my QS acts flawlessly,, even on downshifts.
ask your dealer to fix things.

·
Registered
15 Posts
They may not have activated the software to recognise the quick shifter. Pretty simple to check if you have the diagnotic plug or a bit of wire.

·
Registered
3,963 Posts
The OP was on the forum 4 days ago but not a word from him about the good advice offered.
Worth him saying---Thank you---for it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ok so I just got back from the dealer yesterday and they said when the QS was installed the activation didn't "take" for some reason. My guess is that someone forgot to plug something in / forgot to activate it. Either way they reinstalled the entire unit step by step and this time the activation went through. QS works great now both up and down-sifts are very smooth. Figure the dealer would check that it's activated before they sent me on my way but oh well. Thanks everyone for the advice glad I was able to get this figured out.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The OP was on the forum 4 days ago but not a word from him about the good advice offered.
Worth him saying---Thank you---for it.
Just got back from the dealer yesterday figured I'd update everyone after this was sorted out.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Ok so I just got back from the dealer yesterday and they said when the QS was installed the activation didn't "take" for some reason. My guess is that someone forgot to plug something in / forgot to activate it. Either way they reinstalled the entire unit step by step and this time the activation went through. QS works great now both up and down-sifts are very smooth. Figure the dealer would check that it's activated before they sent me on my way but oh well. Thanks everyone for the advice glad I was able to get this figured out.
They should have definitely tested the bike before they released it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts