Honda CB1000R Forum banner

Quickshifter Moto GP setup

6K views 33 replies 7 participants last post by  919toCB1R 
#1 ·
So I've been running Moto GP shift setup for a long time. I was really upset that I couldn't run this setup on my 14 CB1R without buying aftermarket rearsets, otherwise the clutch slave cylinder is in the way. On my 919 all I had to do was rotate the upper shift arm 180º. Is it possible to run this setup on the NSC with the quickshifter? I've been trying to find info about it, but google search is providing anything fruitful. So I figured I would ask here.

#5 ·
Yeah, I'm messing around with the fit myself. I was just wondering if the QS is I guess compatible with the setup. I am brand new to using one so I have been reading up on them a bit. Just can't find anything specific about programming per say. Will it just shift the direction I'm telling it too, or will it be trying to shift in the wrong direction?

#16 ·
My question is will the QS switch work properly. I am assuming there are a pair of switches in there, one for up and one for down and if you just flip the connector will it then try to "blip" the engine on up shifting? If so, I would think one could rewire the connector to flip the switches rather than having to reflash. Maybe?

#31 ·
So far I've found the QS only likes to find real neutral at or below 2k RPM trying to shift from 1st to 2nd.
So my 2017 S1 (not GP shift) takes very little effort shifting 2 through 6 and shifts easier than the NSC. If I haven't been in 1st for an extended period of time, the first time leaving from a stop I'll hit neutral instead of 2nd only because I've not used enough effort.

#32 ·
Really?! I feel like the NSC QS shifts like butter even from 1st (as long as I'm higher up in the revs). And you say your S1 shifts even easier. Why have I waited so long to have one of these? Hahaha.
I do agree, it is a little more effort required from 1st to 2nd.

#33 ·
And you say your S1 shifts even easier.
Yeah, like the difference between a Cadillac and a Rolls. I don't know if it's because the S1 has a factory shifter, or maybe since the bike is so much more expensive the components are better, but the 2017 S1 definitely takes less effort and is usually seamless. The way I can tell I've upshifted is when the exhaust "barks". The acceleration is linear. I've got the shifter set to medium by the way.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.