Honda CB1000R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Advice please. 2019 bike with Honda Quick Shifter fitted. I was trying to upshift yesterday and couldn't get it to work. I was accelerating, kept throttle open (not fully), but gear lever would not move until I eased off the throttle, which is essentially a clutchless change. What am I doing wrong? Revs at change point would have been around 6-7000 rpm. Thanks

·
Read Only
33 Posts
No trying to be smart or anything. But did you get it to recognize that it´s there. Like in this ( great ) video from around 8:30 ?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
+1
need to activate the quickshifter through instrument cluster
Thanks for Vid. So the bike came with QS installed from factory (it's the R+ model) and having bought the bike secondhand, I don't have the bit to connect under the seat. I would have thought that it would already be activated. Is there any way to tell? Thanks

·
Read Only
33 Posts
Oh, sorry.
I though you installed it yourself. The + model should be ok from the start.
I would have a Honda workshop give it a check.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Oh, sorry.
I though you installed it yourself. The + model should be ok from the start.
I would have a Honda workshop give it a check.
No worries - I will have the dealer look at it. Thank you

·
Registered
11 Posts
So did the dealer look at it? I installed the QS today and have the exact same issue. It works most of the time but sometimes I have the issue where it doesn't want to upshift. I stay on the throttle like you and it just won't shift up until I let off the throttle or pull the clutch in and shift.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So did the dealer look at it? I installed the QS today and have the exact same issue. It works most of the time but sometimes I have the issue where it doesn't want to upshift. I stay on the throttle like you and it just won't shift up until I let off the throttle or pull the clutch in and shift.
I haven't been able to take it in yet, and won't be able to for a couple of weeks. Having called them though, they are very happy to look at it. I will write back once it has been looked at.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I’m having an issue enabling my quickshifter. I installed a QS on my 2019 CB1000r yesterday and tried to initialize it on the instrument cluster. It never gives an option to turn it on.

I took a look at the plug I have, the port on the motorcycle has 3 wires. White, grayish, and green. The connector I purchased for this has one wire plugging to the green wire on the motorcycle port and the other does not connect to anything.

I made a short from a coaxial cable I had, I tried linking white to grayish, white to green, and grayish to green. None of these combinations gave the option to turn the QS on. It just opens settings for the motorcycle or let’s you change the time, mph/kmh. Etc.. I have searched through everything and cannot get it to give the option to turn on the QS.

Does anyone have any idea on this? I can make a video or send pictures if more information is needed.

Edit ***
Okay, I’m just dumb. There’s more than one port the service connector can connect to. I’ve got it working.

·
Registered
2019 CB1000R
242 Posts
There’s more than one port the service connector can connect to. I’ve got it working.
I'm having my QS installed on Monday. The QS on my 2017 SP offers several settings which are always displayed:

QS Off
QS upshift On
QS downshift On
And 3 Load Levels for Up and Down

Question: Is the QS on the NSC similar?

·
Registered
151 Posts
I'm having my QS installed on Monday. The QS on my 2017 SP offers several settings which are always displayed:

QS Off
QS upshift On
QS downshift On
And 3 Load Levels for Up and Down

Question: Is the QS on the NSC similar?
it's either on or off. no load levels

·
Registered
2019 CB1000R
242 Posts
I’ve got it working.
My tech is arguably one of the best in the Houston area. He installed my quick shifter today and said initializing it wasn't as simple and straightforward as the instructions portray.

Anyway, the quick shifter is surprisingly smooth. Even from 1st to 2nd.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Can anyone tell me if you really need to buy the "short connector", part #070PZ-ZY30100? can you not just short out the two wires in the red connector some other way?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Can anyone tell me if you really need to buy the "short connector", part #070PZ-ZY30100? can you not just short out the two wires in the red connector some other way?
You don't have to buy it. You can jump the 2 wires. That's what I did. I don't remember which 2 though. I believe it's a 4 pin connector. I just used speaker wire to connect the 2 pins together.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Just finished the installation and it was a breeze. A couple of points, the video shows the guy disconnecting power, I don't really think you need to do that, which is why you do step 23 (removing a 5 pin connector prior to plugging in the new shift cord.
Second, there is a step missing from the manual, which is an extra press of the mode button to get you to the point where you start your engine.

I found it strange driving with it, especially upshifting as I am so used to pulling off the throttle, downshifting came a bit more natural. My initial impression is it is super cool! (I never had one before)

Link to the installation manual
http://cdn.powersports.honda.com/documentum/MW01/08U70-MKJ-D00.pdf

·
Registered
11 Posts
I found that if you adjust throttle at all while upshifting it will "confuse" the ECU. I had issues where mine wouldn't upshift. Keep your throttle static while upshifting and make sure you're off throttle completely when downshifting. Once I learned to do that it works for me every time.

·
Registered
151 Posts
the higher the rpm, the smoother upshifts are.
sometimes i downshift with slight throttle opening and it's flawless as well.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts