Honda CB1000R Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Advice please. 2019 bike with Honda Quick Shifter fitted. I was trying to upshift yesterday and couldn't get it to work. I was accelerating, kept throttle open (not fully), but gear lever would not move until I eased off the throttle, which is essentially a clutchless change. What am I doing wrong? Revs at change point would have been around 6-7000 rpm. Thanks

·
Read Only
33 Posts
No trying to be smart or anything. But did you get it to recognize that it´s there. Like in this ( great ) video from around 8:30 ?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
+1
need to activate the quickshifter through instrument cluster
Thanks for Vid. So the bike came with QS installed from factory (it's the R+ model) and having bought the bike secondhand, I don't have the bit to connect under the seat. I would have thought that it would already be activated. Is there any way to tell? Thanks

·
Read Only
33 Posts
Oh, sorry.
I though you installed it yourself. The + model should be ok from the start.
I would have a Honda workshop give it a check.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Oh, sorry.
I though you installed it yourself. The + model should be ok from the start.
I would have a Honda workshop give it a check.
No worries - I will have the dealer look at it. Thank you

·
Registered
7 Posts
So did the dealer look at it? I installed the QS today and have the exact same issue. It works most of the time but sometimes I have the issue where it doesn't want to upshift. I stay on the throttle like you and it just won't shift up until I let off the throttle or pull the clutch in and shift.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So did the dealer look at it? I installed the QS today and have the exact same issue. It works most of the time but sometimes I have the issue where it doesn't want to upshift. I stay on the throttle like you and it just won't shift up until I let off the throttle or pull the clutch in and shift.
I haven't been able to take it in yet, and won't be able to for a couple of weeks. Having called them though, they are very happy to look at it. I will write back once it has been looked at.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts