Honda CB1000R Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have a 2018 CB1000R and I just ordered a
Yoshimura Alpha T Street Works Muffler SS

and everywhere I read says taking the baffle out will harm a motorcycle, but then my friends say it won’t harm a 1000 like mine.

friends will taking the baffle out of this muffler harm my bike or cause any damage??? Thanks

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no, it won't harm your bike,, as long as you keep the stock headers.

enjoy
What are the stock headers? If I take off the stock muffler and put on the yoshimura muffler? Am I taking something off the stock muffler and putting in the yoshi? What exactly is a stock header? Lol

·
Registered
50 Posts
What are the stock headers? If I take off the stock muffler and put on the yoshimura muffler? Am I taking something off the stock muffler and putting in the yoshi? What exactly is a stock header? Lol
the headers are the 4 pipes coming out of the engine block. behind the radiator.
the yoshi muffler will only replace the stock one.
you have nothing to worry about.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the headers are the 4 pipes coming out of the engine block. behind the radiator.
Ah I see yeah I ain’t taking those pipes out. I’m just taking that nasty stock muffler off and putting the yoshi on. And leaving the baffle out so it sounds more beastly lol. Thanks for the help. Just wanted to make sure my baby won’t get tore up by leaving baffle out

1 - 5 of 5 Posts