Honda CB1000R Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
not ridden my cb1000r for 2months. went to start it up batt is dead. i lent a mates charger and it charged it and it fired up. next morning dead again :mad:

so where is the best place to get a new batt from? also a good batt charger that i can have on trickle charge throughout the crappy weather so it doesn't mess up the new batt.

thanks guys.

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
The standard battery is fine when trickle charged but is expensive from Honda! On eBay batteries start from £25. The only new battery I've ever bought was a yusa. (Think that's right???)

·
Premium Member
6,638 Posts
If your going to keep the battery on a trickle charger in the future a cheap battery will do the job.

I bought a second hand Aprilia RSVR a few years ago, and that had a cheap battery on it. No problems what so ever with the charger on it all the time it was in the garage.

I should imagine if it was neglected for any period of time it would quickly die, where as a quality battery would probably take more mistreatment.

The charger I have is a Optimate. Had it for over 10 years. Still works perfectly.

Good luck.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Here is my thread on a new battery $150US + Postage and loose 2.4kg

http://www.hondacb1000r.com/forums/modification/10391-loose-2-4kg-your-bike-150-us-postage.html

Hi Guys,

So as the title states loose 2.4kg by simply changing your battery from the OEM fat 3kg 12v Battery to a 8 cell LiFePo4 battery

Some of you maybe scared of something new and i can verify 2 things

1) the seller MOTY Design - 8 cell battery QD is reputable, he has been selling these for years now, i got one of the first ones he designed over 2 years back

2) the battery is fantastic, i have been using it for 2 years on my CBR600RR. Never missed a beat and i ride my bike every cold, rain, hail and or shine day.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts