Honda CB1000R Forum banner

21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
722 Posts
Hi y’all- i currently have a sc project s1 slip on on my cb, just ordered the titanium headers.

i will be running the bike with the dB killer in- is a power commander necessary?

also, i ordered an aftermarket air filter (standard, not race). I’m wondering if this will change the answer to my first question. If i don’t need a power commander then i won’t buy one- i just want to prevent unnecessary wear on the engine.
Thanks
I had early only the RB , cause nothing else was available (plus i had no time for working @ reflash) as RC45 says you can use it , but will not completly solve the problem.
Last winter i did finally my reflash , bike run 10 times better .
Nowadays you will be able to DIY cause the woolich racing presented the kit in early autumn (https://www.woolichracing.com/produ...-honda-cb1000r-ecu-flashing.aspx#productTable

PC5 for this bike is useless , dot a favor to yourself buy something proper

·
Registered
50 Posts
I've been looking at the Woolich racing and have always like the idea of ECU tuning. I am just not wanting to put time into the trial and error of tuning. The Woolich website mentions maps with either kit, but I'm not sure if they are a finished ready-to-ride tune. I would prefer someone to offer an ECU reflash and tell me what they are changing. Still it's not a priority for me and the CB.

·
Registered
153 Posts
I've been looking at the Woolich racing and have always like the idea of ECU tuning. I am just not wanting to put time into the trial and error of tuning. The Woolich website mentions maps with either kit, but I'm not sure if they are a finished ready-to-ride tune. I would prefer someone to offer an ECU reflash and tell me what they are changing. Still it's not a priority for me and the CB.
A proper flash will be customized to whatever mods you have or do not have on your bike, plus still leave all rider modes fully functional, and you'll have control of the user mode settings.

·
Registered
09/09/09----CB 1,000R
4,004 Posts
All in all it's hardly worth the effort.---Spend your money on a bit more bling.---;)

·
Registered
141 Posts
was realesed end of summer-early autumn , if i remeber well
all i need now is someone to tune the bike.
i already have a full exhaust system. should replace air filter as well.

is there any restrictions on intake side that need to be removed?

·
Registered
153 Posts
Since it's not a ram air intake, I doubt there would be any block off plates or foam inserted in the intake, but I don't know this for a fact.

·
Registered
722 Posts
all i need now is someone to tune the bike.
i already have a full exhaust system. should replace air filter as well.

Sure a good brand air filter is a must ( unluckily Sprint is not doing a filter fot he NSC ) you can work the intake part of the airbox , you need to do a bit of test for that than.

·
Registered
153 Posts
So the real question is: who can do a flash in America to release the joy on a 2018++ CB1000R?
@RC45 flashed my SC77.

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
@RC45 flashed my SC77.
Ok but that's instructions for the pre-2018 model. Last I understood, flashing the 2018 model wasn't cracked.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Ok but that's instructions for the pre-2018 model. Last I understood, flashing the 2018 model wasn't cracked.
The flash is the same for every year model of the SC77 (CBR1000RR). Woolich has a tune for model years 2008-2020 for the CB1000R. @RC45 is the expert. If you're serious about a flash, reach out to him.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Mine is already flashed.
CB1000R is the SC80. And yes Woolich already supports the SC80.

They do not yet support the SC82 CBR1000RR-R.

There is how ever a US based guy that is about to start offering SC82 mail in flashing.

Yeah this for the fly by wire SC77 CBR1000 not the fly by wire SC80 CB1000 👍

Woolich support the 18+ SC80 👍

21 - 40 of 42 Posts