Honda CB1000R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have never liked the position light on my bike for me its not bright enough,
So i set about finding a replacement and found this on e-bay it is 10w.
First thing was to remove it from the cage then disassemble it, removed the back this is just hollow so now will fit in.
Stripped down my light and removed the chrome ring and fitted light into correct position and siliconed in left to dry over night.
I did put a water proof patch on rear of the light just to make sure its protected as cover no longer there.
Now looks good fitted back on the bike as you can see its nice and bright to me it even looks original
IMG_0291.jpg IMG_0293.jpg IMG_0295.jpg IMG_0298.jpg IMG_0300.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
very nice. is there any heat issue? ( I presume there is not, with it being LED?) and does the LED work on the existing output, without additional resistors, etc?

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hi doser, no heat issue's wired to existing out put needs no resistors. is very bright shows up in day very well. anything to stop cars pulling out on me.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hi lewspeight cannot find the seller but there plenty on e-bay, Type in motorcycle led spotlights. they are 125w u5 make sure they are the correct diameter
I have noticed that cars do see you a lot better and you have a lot more light when its dark.

·
Registered
145 Posts
hi lewspeight cannot find the seller but there plenty on e-bay, Type in motorcycle led spotlights. they are 125w u5 make sure they are the correct diameter
I have noticed that cars do see you a lot better and you have a lot more light when its dark.
When I first saw that I thought holy crap 125w for a position light, that's a lot, but they're only really 15w ;)

·
Registered
542 Posts
When I first saw that I thought holy crap 125w for a position light, that's a lot, but they're only really 15w ;)
The lamps themselves are 15w but you have to remember that LED lamps produce much more light than a filament lamp. So a 15w LED lamp will give roughly the same light output as a 125w standard filament lamp.

So yes, you will be seen more easily but a bit of caution may be needed here so as not to blind oncoming traffic!

·
Registered
145 Posts
Does the ring you've fixed it to fix to the bike nice and securely? As the original is mounted with screws, quite like the idea of this mod so just curious how well it's held in place.

·
Registered
09/09/09----CB 1,000R
4,020 Posts
Very sensible upgrade. The position light fitted by Honda was a total waste of time with the head light on. Couldn't be seen.

Might have a go at this mod myself. ----:thumbup

·
Registered
5 Posts
Have never liked the position light on my bike for me its not bright enough,
So i set about finding a replacement and found this on e-bay it is 10w.
First thing was to remove it from the cage then disassemble it, removed the back this is just hollow so now will fit in.
Stripped down my light and removed the chrome ring and fitted light into correct position and siliconed in left to dry over night.
I did put a water proof patch on rear of the light just to make sure its protected as cover no longer there.
Now looks good fitted back on the bike as you can see its nice and bright to me it even looks original
View attachment 37906 View attachment 37922 View attachment 37930 View attachment 37938 View attachment 37946
hey Albogg, what kinda of light you use for the cb, the blue led right above the headlight? i like it alot.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Decided to take the plunge like albogg and change the running light. Checked eBay and all seemed very much the same except price. I chose one sold by moreorders, Motorcycle Headlight U5 125W 3000LM LED Motorbike Driving Spot Light Fog £8.83 free postage. Easy enough to do and fitted perfectly but need silicon to hold in place and can be a bit fiddley. The result is 100% better so well worth doing. Let there be light.

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Decided to take the plunge like albogg and change the running light. Checked eBay and all seemed very much the same except price. I chose one sold by moreorders, Motorcycle Headlight U5 125W 3000LM LED Motorbike Driving Spot Light Fog £8.83 free postage. Easy enough to do and fitted perfectly but need silicon to hold in place and can be a bit fiddley. The result is 100% better so well worth doing. Let there be light.
was it just the light bulb that you replaced? Is there a link to purchase it? I just couldnt find one

·
Registered
44 Posts
The link is broken somehow, couldnt find it, how did you disassemble the housing of the position led light? Im afraid breaking it

Hi Rocketfighter, there are two retaining clips holding the chrome housing section in place which require gently prising apart see albogg's post pic 3. The light I bought didn't require any water proof patch as comes fully sealed and before soldering wires check light works mine was bike brown poss black to new light red then just connect the other. This was the eBay ORDER NUMBER 333945933069

·
Registered
44 Posts
Hi Rocketfighter, there are two retaining clips holding the chrome housing section in place which require gently prising apart see albogg's post pic 3. The light I bought didn't require any water proof patch as comes fully sealed and before soldering wires check light works mine was bike brown poss black to new light red then just connect the other. This was the eBay ORDER NUMBER 333945933069

1 - 20 of 22 Posts