Honda CB1000R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Down and dirty visual of what I have planned as first steps for my CB1000R: mirrors off and bar end mirrors instead, ditch wheel plate holder, Akrapovic road slip on muffler...

Screen Shot 2018-07-17 at 11.48.55.png

I'll be designing a tail tidy to relocate the license plate to the tail. Eventually Motogadget Pin indicators, Evotech protection and a USB power socket

Crispy

·
Registered
345 Posts
Looks heaps better without all that clutter mate.
The floating plate holder...I'm holding fire for the time being.
I love the 'tucked up' look at the back...a tail tidy might actually spoil that...we'll see....

I have a hankering for some rizoma bar end mirrors too...:cool:

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wouldn’t it be brilliant if you didn’t have to have a number plate!?
I've got plans to design and make my own tail tidy/fender eliminator. I'll be getting my hands on the bike on Thursday and will be looking at whether to make a more minimalist swing arm mounted item or a more traditional tail tidy. Most likely be steel cut on a water jet, formed and powdercoated. I'll post up a thread on the design and build process when I start

·
Registered
54 Posts
I've got plans to design and make my own tail tidy/fender eliminator. I'll be getting my hands on the bike on Thursday and will be looking at whether to make a more minimalist swing arm mounted item or a more traditional tail tidy. Most likely be steel cut on a water jet, formed and powdercoated. I'll post up a thread on the design and build process when I start
Yeah I know what you mean. I had a little play with a bit of card to see if it would be possible using the indicator mounts. Take a close look at the pic, you see the card template. I’ve got a plate of 2mm aluminium, just debating whether to go ahead and get it cut to template or wait and see what R&G come up with.
6A73CCD7-616E-41D5-9AC3-F61AC59300CE.jpeg

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah I know what you mean. I had a little play with a bit of card to see if it would be possible using the indicator mounts. Take a close look at the pic, you see the card template. I’ve got a plate of 2mm aluminium, just debating whether to go ahead and get it cut to template or wait and see what R&G come up with.
View attachment 44368
I do actually quite like the tail mounted option but I may actually go for a slicker and more minimal swing arm mounted item to keep the tail nice and short. I have a friend that is able to help me design and machine the final item. I'll keep you guys posted

·
Registered
86 Posts
I do actually quite like the tail mounted option but I may actually go for a slicker and more minimal swing arm mounted item to keep the tail nice and short. I have a friend that is able to help me design and machine the final item. I'll keep you guys posted
I agree with you. Putting it back under the tail is just another "me too" and takes away from how this design flows. I'm looking forward to your design.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I have now moded the number plate holder by removing the plastic and cutting down, using milliput putty I stuck on a base plate and moulded around the back. Changed plate light with R&G light. Start to finish pics follows:-
EDB6A398-B2D9-41CA-B4CF-B150CE611D68.jpeg 6CD67EA4-EA62-44B1-A230-903D78D59240.jpeg 9EF17C69-3A23-40DD-9F0D-DB99617D4FCA.jpeg F3DAFFD0-0590-4A20-9033-15DF59FACA41.jpeg 5E30CB8D-397B-40F6-B1B0-BAE903679022.jpeg F37BFAA4-AF4C-443A-9CB5-2A7598FA32C6.jpeg

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
That looks a load better! The main part I disliked is the part that you've removed. I've made a really minimal license plate holder from 8mm steel bar that I formed and welded. I'm not 100% on the first attempt. It's OK. I'll post up pictures this afternoon.

·
Registered
54 Posts
That looks a load better! The main part I disliked is the part that you've removed. I've made a really minimal license plate holder from 8mm steel bar that I formed and welded. I'm not 100% on the first attempt. It's OK. I'll post up pictures this afternoon.
Yes I think it’s better too cheers. And yes do post some pics mate, I’m interested to see how your 8mm bar looks.
My next change is to get some bar end mirrors. 861ECFA9-6B5F-4B46-9004-75FF974B1779.jpeg

·
Registered
80 Posts
Lookin' good, Paul! :thumbup

I'm still having to live vicariously through you guys lucky enough to have already receiving the Neo 1K.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Here’s a few pictures. I’m not 100% sold on the details but in essence it works well. Very solid and strong. This is just the prototype and will refine the bends in the next version. It’s WAY lighter too. The stock one is 1.8kg. This comes in at 400g

2CA84FB4-F692-4D14-8348-98A42D322411.jpeg

16DBC753-57FD-4887-A542-FCEE03DA78D9.jpeg

7AEA6497-EF62-4D4E-8E9C-8687029993E1.jpeg

1 - 20 of 48 Posts