Honda CB1000R Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

I just posted a few "normal" pics of my new babe in the multimedia area. Now I see that I could have attached them here, but it took so long time that I prefer to invite you there! :lol

Have a good sunday

·
Premium Member
2,891 Posts
Roby, there is no problem for us if you attach large pictures, but to speed the uploads for you I suggest you resize them first...

Apologies if you already know how to resize pictures but here are a few suggestions that you may find helpful..

Windows XP Image Resizer Powertoy

IrfanView

Both of these can "Batch Process" lots of pictures at the same time so resizing the images takes just a minute or two. 1024x768 is a good choice and will reduce the images significantly. For example the picture I have attached below is nearly 20 times smaller in filesize than the original.

I hope this helps.

Attachments

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
DAN said:
Roby, there is no problem for us if you attach large pictures, but to speed the uploads for you I suggest you resize them first...

Apologies if you already know how to resize pictures but here are a few suggestions that you may find helpful..

Both of these can "Batch Process" lots of pictures at the same time so resizing the images takes just a minute or two. 1024x768 is a good choice and will reduce the images significantly. For example the picture I have attached below is nearly 20 times smaller in filesize than the original.

I hope this helps.

Well, I blush :emb because - being a computer guy - I'm expected to know how to resize them.
I didn't do it just because I had taken them with my son's small camera (my big reflex can't fit under the back seat of our beloved CB1000R) and I thought they weren't that large.
When watching other pictures of the bike I was sometimes disappointed to find them too small for zoomin in...

And definitely I wasn't complaining about site performance, just kidding.
I suppose the best place to post pictures is the "galleries" section, when it opens ...

Thanks for yor tips, anyway. Next time I'll resize pics

Ciao!

·
Premium Member
2,891 Posts
No problem Roby... if I had realised you were a computer person I certainly wouldn't have told you what you already know and do probably everyday :lol

By the way Ant and I are also computer people....well I try to be :lol

·
Registered
11,186 Posts
Personally, I don't mind large images being posted, as the site can more than cope with the bandwidth etc, but all the smaller versions of the images are generated by the server, rather than being sent as the large file and your browser scale it down, so the larger the image, the more performance is required to display each page. This obviously only applies to attachments on the site however, so while I'd appreciate nothing MASSIVE being uploaded, it's not the end of the world if it is, and links to external images can be as big as you like, but don't put huge images inline as they're hard to see in the forum layout. Far better to have a direct link to the image so your browser can scale it to fit :thumbup

·
Registered
876 Posts
Can we make the pics a bit bigger please, Fordzoid's having trouble seeing them :evil

1 - 8 of 8 Posts