Honda CB1000R Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone Newbie poster here

having sold my loved (but plasticky) MT09, i've bought a CB1000R, and picking it up at the weekend. Excited to get a new bike! But I have a few questions and would love the options of people who've already got one (or done the mods).

Model is the 2019 Plus (silver/grey)

1. Am thinking of replacing the seat. I know Honda do an alcantara but it's a bit steep at over £700 for both halves. Has anyone fond a better option? I've seen nice diamond stitched one at Luimoto, but if anyone know of a UK supplier that\d be great
  2. The bike has heated grips. I've never had these before - I guess i'm right in thinking I can't swap the users for a custom set and still retain the heating elements?
  3. Reg number.... OK, i'm not normally vain enough to want a private plate, but i think this bike might deserve it. Does anyone know who might have "CB10 OOR" and if they'd want to sell it?
Thanks in advance - and i'm happy to take any other useful suggestions for a new CB owner

Cheers all

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Hi,
Welcome to the forum, i can not answer the questions on the bike as i have a 2010 first gen model but i doubt you could do the heated grips thing on either of the models, the private plate i do agree with, i have one with the '' 10'' in it and it always pulls comment and a few offers over the years. Safe riding.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts