Honda CB1000R Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Ok, not wishing to sound like Dumb & Dumbers half-wit brother but what does it do ? I have a PCV and wondered what this add's to the party.

·
Registered
09/09/09----CB 1,000R
4,002 Posts
​Virtually nothing and even needs more money spent to get the little it could give to our low revving CB 1,000s.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Not a fan of the PC5. But having the ECU reflashed by Don at guhlmotors.com is the way to go. Cost is $375 total including overnight shipping back to you!

·
Registered
09/09/09----CB 1,000R
4,002 Posts
Not a fan of the PC5. But having the ECU reflashed by Don at guhlmotors.com is the way to go. Cost is $375 total including overnight shipping back to you!

$375--??? Which is what I meant in my previous post about more money needing to be spent. OK on a track I guess, but unless you max out the revs in every gear on road use you probably wouldn't notice much difference.

I suppose you'd also have to notify your insurance company that the bike was non standard. That would give them the opportunity to hike up your insurance premium. Lol.

·
Registered
291 Posts
In the USA insurance don't even care. The PCV does just fuel mapping. Don when he reflashes the ecm he can do fuel maps, change the rev limiter, adj the timing in each gear! The timing alone will do more than any map that a PCV can offer. :). I got a CB1100 ran stock at 112mph. Had ECU reflashed so far 145mph. VROOM VROOM LOL

·
Registered
210 Posts
​Virtually nothing and even needs more money spent to get the little it could give to our low revving CB 1,000s.
Another bright response from someone who has no clue about performance upgrades. Colvert I thought you will stick with granny riding stuff and not comment on new age performance upgrades you will never even consider?

List of features below:

Allows +/-20 degrees of timing adjustment
Raise your Rev Limit (only available on select models)
Adjust timing based on temperature or boost inputs
Built In Launch Limiter
Individual Cylinder Timing
Gear Position Timing
Boost/Nitrous Retard Timing
Pit Lane Limiter

Also like OP, my bike had about 10HP power increase just from ignition timing advance.

·
Banned
5,355 Posts
Another bright response from someone who has no clue about performance upgrades. Colvert I thought you will stick with granny riding stuff and not comment on new age performance upgrades you will never even consider?

List of features below:

Allows +/-20 degrees of timing adjustment
Raise your Rev Limit (only available on select models)
Adjust timing based on temperature or boost inputs
Built In Launch Limiter
Individual Cylinder Timing
Gear Position Timing
Boost/Nitrous Retard Timing
Pit Lane Limiter

Also like OP, my bike had about 10HP power increase just from ignition timing advance.

i just reckon you bought a lemon, crap suspension , crap brakes and to slow , take someone who knows what they are looking at next time you go buy a bike :D

·
Registered
210 Posts
You need to have the ignition module and enable revXtend option with a wire..then you can raise the rev limiter.
Daz did you change valve springs or did you raise yours on stock springs?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts