Honda CB1000R Forum banner

41 - 60 of 97 Posts

·
Registered
3,937 Posts
So, the progress of the PowerCommander development for the 2018 CB1000R has hit the buffers. After Richard at DynoJet put in a LOT of work it has turned out that the 2018 CB1000R doesn't work with the PC in the same way as so many models of bike previously. Richard was concerned that within a very short time the bike would throw out error codes and this isn't how DynoJet want their products to leave them. The power, torque and graphs show that there's great gains to be had. So, the bike is coming back home and then in early January it's going back to DynoJet to explore another route.

I want to say a massive thank you to Richard for all his work so far. Watch this space for the next stage. All being well the CB will feel and perform like a new bike !

But----------------------------------I thought it WAS a new bike !!!!!!!!!----:evil

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
So, the progress of the PowerCommander development for the 2018 CB1000R has hit the buffers. After Richard at DynoJet put in a LOT of work it has turned out that the 2018 CB1000R doesn't work with the PC in the same way as so many models of bike previously. Richard was concerned that within a very short time the bike would throw out error codes and this isn't how DynoJet want their products to leave them. The power, torque and graphs show that there's great gains to be had. So, the bike is coming back home and then in early January it's going back to DynoJet to explore another route.

I want to say a massive thank you to Richard for all his work so far. Watch this space for the next stage. All being well the CB will feel and perform like a new bike !

But----------------------------------I thought it WAS a new bike !!!!!!!!!----:evil
You know what I mean....the bike it had the potential to be knowing the quality of the engine

·
Registered
108 Posts
Damn! Soooo looking forward to a result, oh well. So Crispy, do you and Dynojet think there is a fair bit of performance to be unlocked with these bikes? I'd be happy if that midrange dip was the only thing that was sorted out properly. I have a full Akra system on mine now, although a bit too loud because of the type of slip-on purchased, the bike does respond a lot better and just seems to rev a lot quicker, and has quite an addictive sound to it.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Damn! Soooo looking forward to a result, oh well. So Crispy, do you and Dynojet think there is a fair bit of performance to be unlocked with these bikes? I'd be happy if that midrange dip was the only thing that was sorted out properly. I have a full Akra system on mine now, although a bit too loud because of the type of slip-on purchased, the bike does respond a lot better and just seems to rev a lot quicker, and has quite an addictive sound to it.
The graphs I posted up earlier in the thread are still applicable as far as power, torque and curves go. Richard believes that the new approach that they will be able to use in the New Year will give them even more control.

Even though the PC was a no go it doesn't mean this is the end of the road. If anything the future option is even more exciting.

Watch this space

Edit: HA HA! Looks like I've just hit Senior Member! Virtual beers on me!

·
Registered
704 Posts
Bought a Rapid Bike , as they have no problem in the closed loop area with the newest Honda (already fitted one in my Africa twin 18 aswel , work like a charm).

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Bought a Rapid Bike , as they have no problem in the closed loop area with the newest Honda (already fitted one in my Africa twin 18 aswel , work like a charm).
Are you planning to do a dyno run once the Rapid Bike is installed? Be interesting to compare and contrast the results

·
Registered
704 Posts
Could be , if i have time .I´m pretty busy with mods in few other bikes (VFR1200f , ATAS , MT10 , MT10SP ,MT09SP ) and planning to do forks, rear shock , braided lines , rapid bike and air filter.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hello all,

I will be picking up my CB in a few months here. I had the chance to test ride it and put it away on lay away for the winter. I did too notice the torque dip in the bike, but it has been so long since I have ridden it that I have forgotten exactly what it feels like short of a turbo spooling up at 6 grand. Has there been any more development with Dynojet on the fix for this? The set of graphs a few pages back that showed the fully system aka actually totally flipped the torque curve on its head and boosted torque where Honda chose to neuter it. Reviews all over the web and videos online are very mixed on the feeling, but most are very disappointed with this. How is everyones experiences with this dip? Will a Rapid Bike fix this? Will Dynojets power commander fix this?

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
The graphs I posted up earlier in the thread are still applicable as far as power, torque and curves go. Richard believes that the new approach that they will be able to use in the New Year will give them even more control.

Even though the PC was a no go it doesn't mean this is the end of the road. If anything the future option is even more exciting.

Watch this space

I've been watching this space. Any update?

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #50 (Edited)
I've been watching this space. Any update?
It's been a while since I've had any news on progress. At the moment it's in the hands of the DynoJet development team in the US and they'll be working with the UK once a couple of hurdles are cleared. . I have a phone call planned with Richard at DynoJet UK today. He has tried to contact me in the last few days but I've been away on a freelance job.

·
Premium Member
268 Posts
We are working on a solution, I will keep you posted on any movement I have on this. I have tested a similar system on other manufactures/models with good results.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
Any more news on this yet? Was curious if they had a chance to get it through the shop.
I spoke to Richard at DynoJet about a month ago and he said that he was confident of having a solution within the next few weeks. Fingers crossed as I have a couple of track days booked and two road trips planned. Ideally I want it sorted for then.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
We are working on a solution, I will keep you posted on any movement I have on this. I have tested a similar system on other manufactures/models with good results.
Hi Richard, any news? Sent an email the other day but not had any reply or know if you've received it? Be great to get some news or an update. Not heard of any progress for a few weeks now.

Cheers

Christian

·
Registered
85 Posts
Recieved this email from dynojet:

"So looks like there will not be a PCV for the 2018 honda CB1000R due to the large closed loop area on the bike. They are now working on a Power Vision for the 2018 honda CB1000R. There is no set release set for this yet as it is still in the testing phase. Thank you."

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
As far as my understanding goes is that the PowerVision will take a copy of the Factory ECU map file, store it and then you get given various options of pre-installed maps to re-flash your ECU. So, the original is always there for you to revert to if needs be.

I did send Richard a quick email asking for updates on the progress last week after he popped over to read the ECU data off my bike and his reply was basically it's going to be some time. The DynoJet chap he's been dealing with in the US hasn't heard back from the engineers on this one yet.

I am very surprised and a little gutted it's taken almost 9 months so far. I understand it's a complex product with lots of technical hurdles but it has taken a while. Ho hum

41 - 60 of 97 Posts