Honda CB1000R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 97 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Dynojet uk, I'm fresh off the back of a Donington Park track day on my 2018 CB1000R. The bike performed very well but I can certainly feel where improvements can be made in it's fuelling and delivery.

Is there any plans for a compatible Power Commander for the 2018 CB1000R?

IMG_5980.JPG

·
Registered
268 Posts
Hi Dynojet uk, I'm fresh off the back of a Donington Park track day on my 2018 CB1000R. The bike performed very well but I can certainly feel where improvements can be made in it's fuelling and delivery.

Is there any plans for a compatible Power Commander for the 2018 CB1000R?

Yes, the 2018 bike is on the list to be developed. Although I am in need of a bike to do the development on. If you are interested, please contact me [email protected] or on 01995 600500 to discuss this.
Richard

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, the 2018 bike is on the list to be developed. Although I am in need of a bike to do the development on. If you are interested, please contact me [email protected] or on 01995 600500 to discuss this.
Richard
Hi Richard, just dropped you an email. Very interested in getting a PC compatible to the 2018 CB1000R

·
Registered
102 Posts
yah, nicely done! did you take the peg feelers off as an irritant, or what? I find them quite useful at track days, myself... I don't REALLY know how far heeled over I am otherwise...
Subscribed, interested in the PC as well. Doing a number on that back tyre, well done :)

Crispy, are you going for the full Akra headers by chance?

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yah, nicely done! did you take the peg feelers off as an irritant, or what? I find them quite useful at track days, myself... I don't REALLY know how far heeled over I am otherwise...
Personally I'd rather use the feel of the bike and track surface to judge the limits rather than the physical scrape of a peg feeler. I find the sudden scrape can surprise me and makes me sit the bike up a little. Not great mid corner

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Subscribed, interested in the PC as well. Doing a number on that back tyre, well done :)

Crispy, are you going for the full Akra headers by chance?
I doubt it that I'll go for a full system as I'm not really into silly loud bikes. The dB limits on UK tracks is very often a limiting factor too. Keep the noise level down a little and ride more tracks is the winning combo for me at the mo

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Bit the bullet and ordered the Akrapovic Optional Header (SS) E-H10R7. Can't wait to get the bike over to DynoJet for PC developement with the full system and the stock system too.

6336b366-fff8-479d-913f-f7844312d67e.png

·
Registered
80 Posts
Cool! I mean, :cool:

Do you think the bike needs it? I'm just asking since member BigOne out in California said his is lacking power in lower RPM.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Cool! I mean, :cool:

Do you think the bike needs it? I'm just asking since member BigOne out in California said his is lacking power in lower RPM.
For all intents and purposes....probably not 'needed' but I would say it'll benefit hugely on both track and road with a more linear delivery and to fill the hole at 5-7000 revs. I'd say I really want it!

·
Registered
1,975 Posts
It's weird that you feel yours has a hole at 5k-7k. Mine feels like it has a hole *until 6k or so. I wonder if the US models are somehow tuned differently.

·
Registered
268 Posts
I have the bike coming in to the shop with a range of various exhausts in late October. With regards to the release date, I will only have a rough idea of this once I have seen the bike, as it depends upon what is needed for the solution.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I have the bike coming in to the shop with a range of various exhausts in late October. With regards to the release date, I will only have a rough idea of this once I have seen the bike, as it depends upon what is needed for the solution.
One thing that would be very useful is seeing dyno runs all 3 modes. The published Akrapovic chart shows a significant dip/flat spot between 4K-6K, we are assuming this was in Sport mode. There is some evidence that this might be tied to Sport mode as some of us are using User mode and are not "feeling" the dip.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 97 Posts