Honda CB1000R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I will not be taking delivery of the Heated Grips and the Quick Shifter as the shop that's installing them, ordered them. If they arrive next week I hope to have them installed then.

·
Registered
141 Posts
i'm still thinking whether to get a radiator guard or not.
hows the fitment on the evotech, please?

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'll let you know when I install it. This is what "steve southern Cal" said about it.
The Evotech radiator guard is perfect. I believe I bought it either through Evotech or through Motovation. I am always impressed with the quality and the fitment. Usually they are secured with screws to attachment points already existing on a bike. Some of the other brands use tie wraps etc. which don't seem as bullet proof and permanent.
Here's the link to installation instructions:

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
My shop reports that the heated grips have arrived but that the quick shifter was backordered until January 14 from Honda, so I ordered one from another vendor which had them in stock.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Installation couldn't have been easier and the guard fits like a glove. Instructions:
https://s3.eu-west-2.amazonaws.com/...o+sports+cafe+radiator+guard+instructions.pdf. If you follow them exactly it's a piece of cake. Next time the bike is out of the garage I'll take a pic.

Pro Tip: Wear gloves when removing the aluminum side panels as they have a razor sharp edge and can give you a deep "paper cut" that you won't even feel. Before I ordered the guard I read the instructions and removed a side panel to confirm what was pictured was accurate. As I'm replacing the panel I see a spot of "red paint' on it. I'm like, how the hell did that appear on a brand new bike? Welp, it was my blood. Also, the side panels are held in place by two screws and some heavy duty commercial Velcro.

The six rubber bungs that you need to insert into the guard go into the only six round holes in it. All the other holes in the guard are honeycomb shaped.

As with most things that are bolt on, thread all the mounting bolts first before tightening any of them.

Exactly as pictured from website, minus the frame slider :)

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

Had the heated grips and quick shifter installed today. Could really have used the heated grips during the 53 mile ride to my tech's shop to have them installed.

My tech said initializing the quick shifter wasn't as simple and straightforward as the instructions portray. On every other Honda I've owned my clutchless upshifts from 2 thu 6 have always been very smooth and seamless. I could not replicate it on this 2019 NSC. My 2017 CBR1000S1 is the only other bike I've owned with an electronic throttle but it has a factory OEM quick shifter so I never tried clutchless upshifts with the QS turned off.

Anyway, the QS on the 2019 is surprisingly smooth, even from 1st to 2nd. To me it's worth the $$$.

·
Registered
2,048 Posts
I'm surprised you couldn't get clutches upshifts. On mine, clutchless up and down are smooth as my other Hondas. I actually prefer clutchless over the QS.

Steve

·
Registered
141 Posts
i love the quick shifter.
ordered mine before taking delivery of the bike.
a month riding without it, i did some clutchless upshifts,, but not 5th to 6th!
it was smooth.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
I'm surprised you couldn't get clutches upshifts. On mine, clutchless up and down are smooth as my other Hondas. I actually prefer clutchless over the QS.

Steve
Oh I could get clutchless upshifts, but they weren't nearly as smooth and seamless as all the other Hondas I've owned with cable throttles.

Since 2009 alone:
2009 CBR600RR ABS
2009 CBR1000RR ABS
2010 CBR1000RR
2012 CBR1000RR
2014 CB500F
2014 CB1000R

1 - 20 of 21 Posts