Honda CB1000R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
You've decated :eek christ that must be loud.
I fitted an Ixil a couple of weeks ago and I already feel like a hooligan, and thats without decating
I have to roll it down the road a bit so as not to wake the neighbours when I go to work.
I approve of the rim tape ;), you def need it on the front as well though.

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You've decated :eek christ that must be loud.
I fitted an Ixil a couple of weeks ago and I already feel like a hooligan, and thats without decating
I have to roll it down the road a bit so as not to wake the neighbours when I go to work.
yes it is loud... :rolleyes: abit louder than my mivv xcone, but if i keep it under 4k rpm its fine.. but anything about that its mental!!! went for a test ride and passed a few cops so throttled off. the didnt pay attention.

now that i mention throttling off.. it pops and burbles all the time! love it! def not running lean! lol

I approve of the rim tape ;), you def need it on the front as well though.
im not very happy with it at the moment as its got a few corners.. :( it was the precurved one. i also got some one with the applicator but its the reflective white.. so its really grey unless you shine a light on it.. still considering if i should remove what i have and put the white (grey) on

·
Registered
31 Posts
No baffle... hope you wear earplugs :laugh

I got the official honda rim tape fitted when I bought my bike from Dobles, very neat job, I think I would have made a hash of it.

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
No baffle... hope you wear earplugs :laugh

I got the official honda rim tape fitted when I bought my bike from Dobles, very neat job, I think I would have made a hash of it.
baffles are in but blanking plat at the back isnt. I wear earplugs for the windnoise anyway. but i am starting to think its too loud..

is there such a thing?

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
well i put the cat on this morning :rolleyes:. it doest look as good but it does help keep the noise to a nice loud level and not too extreme.. I think for the type of riding I do - mostly commuting - the linkpipe makes it too loud!

There wasnt a single bike yesterday that was even close to being as loud as mine. and i found myself not using the whole rev range just to keep attention off me. theres no point having a bike that you dont want to ride hard is there ;)

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
pThe plan was to get the mivv to quiet the bike down. I think it is quieter but not by muh. power is the same also. But I prefer the mivvs look so I'm gonna sell the ixil to Mcr

Will def take some rim tape off you. I'll pm you my address. Cheers dude

1 - 20 of 36 Posts