Honda CB1000R Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
2019 NSC+
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Morning all,

After reading a fair few posts here as a guest, I’ve just traded my ‘03 CBR600RR in for a used ‘19 CB1000R NSC.

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Fuel tank Vehicle

I’m a leisure rider who seldom commutes. The CBR was a great, reliable, fun bike but the seating position was starting to dull as I near my 40’s. I’d owned it since 2007 and, having only owned a CBR400RR before that, enjoyed the reliability of the Honda. Seeing a theme developing, I did consider the ‘Blade but didn’t want to end up finding that to be just as uncomfortable, plus my wife is looking to take her test with an aim to buy a Triumph Scrambler or similar… I guess a scrambler / cafe racer would look odd when riding in tandem with a super-sports.

Anyhow, the NSC has 5000 miles on it and has a tail-tidy, a Puig screen and unfortunately a few bolts / hose clips showing signs of corrosion from what I presume was a commute over the winter.
I’m presuming the screen mount has worked loose because it’s moving back and forwards (on what I guess was the original screen mount).
Unfortunately the dealer seems to have chucked the original parts in a spares bin because I’d have preferred the OEM screen instead of this Puig one.

Anyhow. I’m based in Essex so might well see some of you around.

· Registered
Honda CB1000R 2021
46 Posts
Morning all,

After reading a fair few posts here as a guest, I’ve just traded my ‘03 CBR600RR in for a used ‘19 CB1000R NSC.

View attachment 50604

I’m a leisure rider who seldom commutes. The CBR was a great, reliable, fun bike but the seating position was starting to dull as I near my 40’s. I’d owned it since 2007 and, having only owned a CBR400RR before that, enjoyed the reliability of the Honda. Seeing a theme developing, I did consider the ‘Blade but didn’t want to end up finding that to be just as uncomfortable, plus my wife is looking to take her test with an aim to buy a Triumph Scrambler or similar… I guess a scrambler / cafe racer would look odd when riding in tandem with a super-sports.

Anyhow, the NSC has 5000 miles on it and has a tail-tidy, a Puig screen and unfortunately a few bolts / hose clips showing signs of corrosion from what I presume was a commute over the winter.
I’m presuming the screen mount has worked loose because it’s moving back and forwards (on what I guess was the original screen mount).
Unfortunately the dealer seems to have chucked the original parts in a spares bin because I’d have preferred the OEM screen instead of this Puig one.

Anyhow. I’m based in Essex so might well see some of you around.
Beautiful machine, welcome

· Registered
2019 NSC+
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
How are you liking the standard position over the super sport ? Are you missing the clip ons or are you happy with the change?
I’m happier being sat up, but getting used to it was hard - I felt really odd when I rode off on the test ride… I thought I was going to drop it :ROFLMAO:

A set of clip-ons would be great, as I’d like to be a leant forward a little more, otherwise the wider bars do make for easier cornering (too easy at times - I feel I’m tipping in too early now).
What with the poor weather and work getting in the way, I haven’t taken it out to some proper bends. Dealer omitted the toolkit so I I’m without a C-spanner and can’t adjust the suspension.

· Registered
2019 NSC+
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I’m happier being sat up, but getting used to it was hard - I felt really odd when I rode off on the test ride… I thought I was going to drop it :ROFLMAO:

A set of clip-ons would be great, as I’d like to be a leant forward a little more, otherwise the wider bars do make for easier cornering (too easy at times - I feel I’m tipping in too early now).
What with the poor weather and work getting in the way, I haven’t taken it out to some proper bends. Dealer omitted the toolkit so I I’m without a C-spanner and can’t adjust the suspension.
Have bought a few bits, but haven’t fitted them… but one thing I wanted to mention was finding a toolkit on eBay for £20 delivered.
Looking at the parts list it looks fairly empty, but I’m hoping the C-spanner is all I’ll need to adjust the rear suspension?
Should I seek out any other tools or is that the most useful item in the OEM toolkit?
Hand tool Tool Metalworking hand tool Font Auto part

· Registered
63 Posts
Have bought a few bits, but haven’t fitted them… but one thing I wanted to mention was finding a toolkit on eBay for £20 delivered.
Looking at the parts list it looks fairly empty, but I’m hoping the C-spanner is all I’ll need to adjust the rear suspension?
Should I seek out any other tools or is that the most useful item in the OEM toolkit?
View attachment 50770
Hi and welcome. I have an earlier bike, 2010, with the full tool kit still under the seat. Your C spanner looks the same as mine and it is really useless. On advice from a member here, I bought an Ohlins C spanner and it is just perfect. It's a far better fit in the rear suspension so you can get easy leverage without the spanner slipping.

· Registered
2019 NSC+
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hi and welcome. I have an earlier bike, 2010, with the full tool kit still under the seat. Your C spanner looks the same as mine and it is really useless. On advice from a member here, I bought an Ohlins C spanner and it is just perfect. It's a far better fit in the rear suspension so you can get easy leverage without the spanner slipping.
Thanks @Roaddetective - that’s good to know.
I’ve started a new thread for tools over here:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts