Honda CB1000R Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
has anyone ever installed Honda's original heating grips on a non plus version?
I read in a german forum that the display of the heater in the dashboard doesn't work.
Just like the plus version.
Can anyone confirm that?
Thanks for every advice...

Gero

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi Gero,

Here in the US, there is no Plus model. So you have no choice but to add them as an accessory. I did that from delivery of mine and the dash display works perfectly.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Gero,

Here in the US, there is no Plus model. So you have no choice but to add them as an accessory. I did that from delivery of mine and the dash display works perfectly.
many thanks...
that's what I want to hear....
The other guy in the german forum had also a no Plus, like me. And I couldn't believe that this will not work...

have a great weekend.....

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
:-(
I installed today the original heating grips, with no problem. They working as normal... BUT ... no dash display ... that's disappointing for 360€
In the Owner Manual it saying : next to the clock the heater is showing when turn on. And the clock ist chaining for few seconds to show the level of heating...
But nothing at all.....
damned

·
Registered
178 Posts
Maybe you need to activate the heated grips dash display via a menu ?

When you install the Honda Quickshifter it has to be activated via a menu.

Seek advice from a Honda dealer

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I thought so too and called my dealer. But he had no idea either. He said nothing had to be activated!
So I had thought that I might have to reset the ECU!
I watched a video on youtube on how to do that. There's a red service plug near the battery that you have to short-circuit at 2 points and then turn on the machine, etc.
But I only found a white plug... and a few centimeters further the red one I had connected to the heating grips.
So that was the mistake. 2 identical plugs 3 poles, one red one white...
So you have to use the white plug for the heater and not the red service plug!
After I changed the plug it works fine with the display.
The plugs are only a few centimeters away and also the same! Stupid mistake!

Thanks for the help!!
GeroHH

·
Registered
3,909 Posts

·
Registered
520 Posts
they have 5 settings on 5 the hottest they were still cooler than the 1 setting on the bmw.choc tea pot springs to mind

1 - 11 of 11 Posts