Honda CB1000R Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Managed to get a very sneak preview on Saturday,

Yes I am on tiptoes in my trainers but from memory was the same with the 900. But to me the bike looks the dogs danglys compared to the 900 Hornet. Sitting on it felt natural, not as far forward as the S2R1000 but not as high as the 900's original bars. Exhaust looks far better in real life and the decal's stand proud of the tank.

My local dealer got back to me, basically my choice of bike won't be available in S/West until August. Silver non abs. They do have 2 ABS silvers available for S/West, A green Radial and a Black radial. What I have been told by other dealers in S/West is that only Demo bikes and preordered will be available basically on Friday. Any other orders then taken will be on a first come first served basis. Through it also looks like its also been split into the Honda sales regions so different regions may have more availability.

So I decided to phone Dobles... A little far me thinks but what the hell.

Spoke to a nice chap called Paul... I mentioned what I had been offered by my local dealer,mentioned about the availablity of the colour and spec I wanted. He replied "We have one", let me get back to you and see if we can match your offer.

45 minuted later the deal is struck, Just need to arrange delivery for next week. So all going well I should have a nice shiney one in silver being sent mail order!!!!!!

Its a shame the local dealer couldn't get one as I do prefer to support them if possible, but with the option of next week or August I have to go with the ealier date, surprisingly.

Going to feel sad to see the Monster going. Its been a good laugh but it hasn't given me the confidence that the Hornet 900 gave. I know its not the bike fault its mine, writing one off has not helped confidence with the bike and it may have been mistake buying a identical bike to what I lost. But I've done 6K on it so can't complain to much. Just hope I can still ride 4's.

·
Premium Member
1,444 Posts
Congratulations! Nice to see another person choosing Silver :thumbup

·
Registered
11,186 Posts
Nice one :clap You can see your bike being delivered in the Multimedia forum; There can't be many bikes left at Doble, so if you want one and don't have your order in yet, GET IT IN WITH DOBLE NOW! :thumbup

·
Premium Member
2,891 Posts
Fantastic.... great to see another satisfied customer for Doble Motorcycles too.... the Paul you spoke to was most likely Paul Styles - Sales Director, he will always try to put together an unbeatable deal for people.

As Ant says... one of those CB1000R's pictured last Friday now has your name on it!! :respekt

By the way don't forget your club discounts! :thumbup

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ta for the vote of confidence gents... Just looking now at details for discounts as suspect I will be wanting a couple of things ordering tomz as well when arranging delivery.

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just been contacted by Dobles, nearly fell of my chair. delivery this Saturday. The bad news I have is my insurance it aint going to be cheap. Its 15% loaded due to my mishaps 2 years ago. Hows others finding the insurance cost ?

·
Premium Member
1,444 Posts
sadbiker said:
Hows others finding the insurance cost ?
Here in Sweden they have special Honda insurance but that is quite expensive; about 11.000kr (1150 Euro) per year for total coverage (fire, theft, accidental damage i.e. fully comp in the UK).

However, one company here provides special 40+ coverage so I'll be paying about 9300kr (984 Euro) for mine :D

[edit]
I'm 42, 15 years full license, full no claims, bike kept in garage when at home, two approved locks, living in the Swedish capital city; Stockholm.
[/edit]

·
Registered
11,186 Posts
Mine has gone up £100ish due to a £1700 accident a couple of years ago so I'm looking at £500 FC. I'm 29, 2 years full license, 1 years no claims

·
Registered
382 Posts
Pel, you've done it ! Congratulations :beer

Can't wait to hear what you think of it after the S2R.

Have fun, Stu

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Redkite said:
Pel, you've done it ! Congratulations :beer

Can't wait to hear what you think of it after the S2R.

Have fun, Stu
Cheers for that Stu, lookijg forward to it. Will be sorry to see the monnie going, but always have Cors 620 if I feel the urge. But I have to find the keys, she did mention something about Crash Sorry mean ride your own bike.

Delivery arranged for this Sat, will try to get some photos as soon as its off the Van. Really looking forward to it and hopefully getting some confidence and fun back into my riding.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts