Honda CB1000R Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just noticed that the Owners Manual has no English for my bike delivered today.

Spoke to Dobles and they have sent out last bike today, They are a little concerned that maybe others may not have the correct manual. Anyone else checked out the manual. They have no spares so will have to speak to Honda on Monday.

Also cananyone state the procedure(in English) for the running in period. From Memory Honda used to be don't labour the engine for the first couple of hundred miles.

·
Registered
11,186 Posts
Duplicate of my reply to your other post:

[horizline][/horizline]
Your manual has no English? How odd, mine has English at the front, and then Spanish and Italian. Anyway, the running in information in the manual is very brief. It actually says (on page 79):

Honda CB1000R Manual said:
Help assure your motorcycle's future reliability and performance by paying extra attention to how you ride during the first 500km (300 miles).

During this period, avoid full-throttle starts and rapid acceleration.
That is all! I was advised to keep below 6krpm until the 300 miles is up, then keep under 8 until 600 miles, then get it serviced and go play. Recommended to allow a temperature of at least 60°c before giving it the beans. Does that help?

[horizline][/horizline]
Oh, and my bike came from Doble, so they can rest assured that they didn't send every bike out without English instructions

·
Registered
668 Posts
Mine came with English, :book and as for running in i was told not to go above 6k for the first 600 miles did not say anything about running it on beans antnee is that the new bio fuel i have read about, :taunt2 and up to 6k more than fast enough. :thumbup

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cheers for that.

Got out today, weather on and off, but personally feel thats good as it gets you riding smoother, something needed when running in.

First impressions are- I chose the best colour, rear end looks brilliant with the seat cover. Engine is nice and smooth. Nice but of grunt waiting to be used when run in.

·
Registered
11,186 Posts
sadbiker said:
rear end looks brilliant with the seat cover. Engine is nice and smooth. Nice but of grunt waiting to be used when run in.
I agree with all of those points, but can't agree about the silver as it's the only one I've not seen in the metal yet. Out of the other three choices though, black is definitely the one! :lol

1 - 6 of 6 Posts