Honda CB1000R Forum banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
I’m 55 so know Dallas and the Yewins! Mother and sister where big fans, I was up to no good so didn’t watch it that much! Of course when video players came out it was box set heaven for them. Nice Mercedes was Bobbys ride. Anyway, digress, super unleaded over here is the fuel of choice for bikes of a certain calibre.
my youth days involved a RD125LC and a DT125LC which I wrecked the back end wheeling after de-restricting the exhaust port….washer out lol. New back end was ordered. What where your early nostalgic rides that are worth thousands now?

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Hi
My poster bike back then was a RD350LC white, remember the poster well. I also remember an article about a guy who cobbled 2 x 250LC engines together and fitted it into a 350 frame. It looked mental and a one off in full black! I wonder if it’s still about. Had a dream 250 deluxe, deluxe being no kickstart and a dodgy electric start. I found most bikes of the late 70s 80s had dodgy wiring looms. Here’s a funny story, I was in my early 20s waiting at traffic lights in the rain on my streetfighter CB750 and looked down to see that my ht leads where arcing. So silly northerner here decides to whip out my trusty wd40 and caked the head while engine still running! Can only guess what happened next. Bloody inferno…only just tanked it up. So next thing was to try and blow it out..(with my visor closed!) which didn’t work, killed the switch, jumped off, bike fell over….looked up to see 2 girls pissing themselves in the car next to me. All happened in about 3 seconds. Anyway, flames went out and no lasting damage, only to my ego lol.
Anyway, reason for update is this.Still got the bike and love it. Deffo power to get me out of trouble (and in trouble, glad to say not yet). Really surprised out how nimble it is even though it’s quite heavy. Front is light and the low torque always blows me away. Yet to experience what it is capable of but I did watch a rolling road YouTube of this model that hit 290kph which is about 185mph. My missus wasn’t pleased, she thinks it’s a middle weight 50 brake lol. Done 1700 miles so far without a hitch. I mentioned on one of my earlier posts about a large bang underneath at 10 mph. Turns out it was a nail in my back tyre. Which upon full inspection turned out to have a further 2 smaller ones and a plug fix. I bought the bike with this tyre from a dealership. Told them about it and they didn’t care, and that’s the founders son!!! I heard more bad stories about them so I went to another dealer and got a new tyre fitted. If I was going to change one thing, going to leave the end can for a bit because I get on with my neighbours lol, is a rear hugger etc. My bike has a shorter hugger and the wet road muck just gets kicked up everywhere including all over my back. So I found one online especially for this model for £100, pay day next week and birthday soon. Also toying with the idea of getting a belly pan. Got a camera as I’m sick of them bloody delivery scooters appearing from nowhere.
So that’s my catch up. Safe riding

21 - 29 of 29 Posts