Honda CB1000R Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
Honda CB1000R 2021
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Before I got my 21 MY NSC there was a 2016 (I think) with a full exhaust system and power commander which I considered buying. Just wanted to know how the old one rode compared to the new NSC models, interested to know what I missed out on if anything.

·
Super Moderator
2019 CB1000R
1,725 Posts
Before I got my 21 MY NSC there was a 2016 (I think) with a full exhaust system and power commander which I considered buying. Just wanted to know how the old one rode compared to the new NSC models, interested to know what I missed out on if anything.
This was my 2014 the day I traded it in for my NSC. It had an Akrapovič open slip-on and the required Power Commander. I doubt it could keep up with my NSC.

·
Registered
Honda CB1000R 2021
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This was my 2014 the day I traded it in for my NSC. It had an Akrapovič open slip-on and the required Power Commander. I doubt it could keep up with my NSC.
Sounds amazing. How would you describe the riding experience like? I've heard the older bike has more midrange but the NSC has alot more top end

·
Super Moderator
2019 CB1000R
1,725 Posts
Sounds amazing. How would you describe the riding experience like? I've heard the older bike has more midrange but the NSC has alot more top end
They're really pretty similar. The quick shifter is probably the best feature. Electronic throttle on the 2019 is not smooth going from closed to open in low gears in Sport Mode. The front end on the 2019 seems more stable leaned over at high speeds. The NSC seems to accelerate quicker but I don't have any data to back that up.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts