Honda CB1000R Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,800 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone going over the sea to the NW200 in Portrush ?(13 - 20 May). Nipping over on Stenna fast ferry ( code A002 and 20% off = £80 return ). Alas, ferry comes in to Rosslare and the racing is the other end of the country but I'd rather do the distance there than motorway lobotomize to Holyhead. easy to get B&B on the fly in Ireland............thought I'd have me new CB1000r by then but I'll take old trusty............now where's the bolts for that hideous top box.

·
Registered
2,800 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
6 days, 1620 miles and i need to sit on a rubber ring. Advice to touring virgins to Ireland : the few "hidden" speed cameras in the Republic appear to have been barbecued, traffic is very considerate to bikes, ferry floor surfaces are the slippiest surface I've ever ridden on, euro exchange rate is sh1te, draught Bulmers is lovely and only a sadist would tour a wet country in leathers.
Most of you are probably aware of the great loss the sport had at this years event, 200mph on rural roads is truly for the bravest.
Noticed too many prangs where mates crashes into each other on the way out and back............keep yer distance.
Oh, there's a petrol station in Wales on the A48 on the way back, a couple of miles before the M4, really fit girl behind the counter.
And finally, Garmin Zumo sat nav, feckin brilliant. :thumbup

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
Thanks for your thoughts Giggity. Glad you had a good time ! :thumbup

·
Registered
11,186 Posts
Giggity said:
Oh, there's a petrol station in Wales on the A48 on the way back, a couple of miles before the M4, really fit girl behind the counter.
And finally, Garmin Zumo sat nav, feckin brilliant. :thumbup
And therefore you can divulge her exact position... :thumbup

·
Registered
876 Posts
And therefore you can divulge her exact position...
Bent over the freezer shouting "Baaaaaaahhh" in order to attract a Welshman ;)

·
Registered
2,800 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Lon/Lat N51 50.355 W4 13.070, Texaco called Nanty Caws, sells white vans and has a toilet too. Ya'all be needing the latter when you see her....! And the field beside it has sheep if you do'nt have any luck or prefer the hairy type.

·
Registered
891 Posts
I'm planning to be there for 2009. Not that that matters much in context of your orginal question back in April :)

·
Registered
3,209 Posts
Giggity said:
And the field beside it has sheep if you do'nt have any luck or prefer the hairy type.
Blimey, since when have sheep been hairy, I know I live & work in the city but the last time I saw one it had wool!! :taunt

1 - 9 of 9 Posts