Honda CB1000R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
05 919; 14 CB1000R; 18 CB1000R
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Apparently none of the stainless brake line manufactures in the US have a brake line kit for the NSC. I sent pictures to Spiegler USA, and they responded back unfortunately saying that they pretty much need a bike to make a kit.....and they are in Ohio. I can't make a trip either at the time. Currently, I am waiting for a response if they can make the lines happen if they have stock ones in hand at least.

I also reached out to Spielger Germany to see if they know of any difference between the US and Europe versions for the brake lines. Unfortunately they don't know. Would anyone here be willing to help me figure out if there is a difference between the two versions?

·
Registered
108 Posts
Just this weekend in was searching for braided lines too. Got the same results--no one has a kit.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just this weekend in was searching for braided lines too. Got the same results--no one has a kit.
If they give me a go for working with just the lines, I'm going to ship them some new stock ones. There's only a couple of rubber hoses in the system compared to the tubing. So it wasn't near as expensive as I thought it would be. If only we had a member in Ohio with an NSC.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Seems like Spiegler could order new lines and consider it an investment for their business.

I should go and look at the lines and routing.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I offered to send them all the hoses for the bike. They replied back, apologetically, that they still need to have a bike available to check fitment. I was really hoping they would play ball. The only tricky parts would be the block fittings that the hard tubes mate to. Other than that, as long as they have the angle of the banjo fittings correct, theirs can be rotated so the line doesn't get twisted.

Any of you fine riders from the UK mind comparing brake line pictures? If I can't spot a difference, I'm going to try ordering from Spiegler Germany.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Just looked at the brake lines. Just not motivate enough to want to change them any time soon. I need to get my cargo trailer finished in the coming months.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I was hoping I could find a kit and get it done while I was on leave. Besides lifting the tank, removeing the seat, and taking the rear wheel off; everything else looks like plug, torque, bleed, and play.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm going to start comparing part numbers for the hoses with UK and AUS websites. If there's no difference, I'm going to email Spiegler Germany and see if I can get a kit shipped to the US (we aren't listed as a shipping destination country in the checkout process).

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well, good news. Our brake hoses front and rear share the same part numbers between Aus, UK, and US. I am waiting to hear back from Spiegler Germany to see if they ship to the US. If so, I will be trying out their kit. If it works I'll inform Spielger USA. They should be able to build one of the German kit and sell it stateside.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Well, good news. Our brake hoses front and rear share the same part numbers between Aus, UK, and US. I am waiting to hear back from Spiegler Germany to see if they ship to the US. If so, I will be trying out their kit. If it works I'll inform Spielger USA. They should be able to build one of the German kit and sell it stateside.
Let us know! Was looking at steel lines too. Would appreciate hearing how it works out for you

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Let us know! Was looking at steel lines too. Would appreciate hearing how it works out for you
Found the Fren Tubo brake line kits for the NSC from a US dealer in Vegas. Link:

Let me know about Spiegler Germany , they did the lines using mines as template , i can spend a word with them.
I sent them an email a couple of days ago. Still waiting to hear back from them about shipping to the states. I have the kit in the cart, but when I go to checkout the US isn't listed in the Country drop down.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
These fine gents ship to the states if you want HEL lines:

Found the HEL US Site (West Coast)

HEL US Site (East Coast)

It's nice to finally go from 0 kits available in the states to 2 kits.

·
Registered
746 Posts
Don´t buy frentubo ! they are cheap ass shit , lot of kits are leaking (two out of two kits for my mt10 /sp were leaking ) customers service it´s a nightmare
Image the first kits i bought for the mt10 had two lines less (cause they did not saw them under the tank) after 65 days finally i got the missing lines , installed the kits and were leaking , had to fight with them and the reseller for 6 months , send back the kit and wait other 6 weeks to get new ones ( one of two was leaking .....)
Luckily no damage to the carbon parts of the bikes , caise i wrapped the whole front wheel and fender in plastic ....
It´s a sort of running Gag in italy , if you think even the workshops located 100 meters from the company are not using them.

No a single problem with HEL or Spiegler Germany in lot of bikes till today .

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
That's exactly the info I've been Google searching for. I was trying to also find more info on FTs nickel plated steel. I like how HEL uses all stainless steel.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hel or Goodridge ONLY! Never heard of Frentubo.

Try looking Fowlers UK Honda parts (Genuine Honda Motorcycle Parts & Spares | Fowlers Parts). They have excellent parts diagrams for many countries. From what I have observed, the main differences between any US model and any UK/European model has to do with emissions. I would be very surprised if there was any difference between brakes/brake lines. You also have the option to "build-your-own" using separate components (certainly Goodridge) - however, these are normally to prototype a swagged hose.

It's strange that and Italian company, Frentubo, doesn't seem to have stainless end fittings, just steel and alloy/aluminum.

Good luck.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Hel or Goodridge ONLY! Never heard of Frentubo.

Try looking Fowlers UK Honda parts (Genuine Honda Motorcycle Parts & Spares | Fowlers Parts). They have excellent parts diagrams for many countries. From what I have observed, the main differences between any US model and any UK/European model has to do with emissions. I would be very surprised if there was any difference between brakes/brake lines. You also have the option to "build-your-own" using separate components (certainly Goodridge) - however, these are normally to prototype a swagged hose.

It's strange that and Italian company, Frentubo, doesn't seem to have stainless end fittings, just steel and alloy/aluminum.

Good luck.
Yeah. One of my earlier posts I compared IPBs for the US, UK, and Aus spec CB1Rs. The brake line part numbers are the same for all of them. From what I read of Fren Tubo, the best fittings you can get from them are stainless steel banjos and nickel plated steel fittings. All their high end lines use high strength aluminum.

·
Registered
746 Posts
Yeah. One of my earlier posts I compared IPBs for the US, UK, and Aus spec CB1Rs. The brake line part numbers are the same for all of them. From what I read of Fren Tubo, the best fittings you can get from them are stainless steel banjos and nickel plated steel fittings. All their high end lines use high strength aluminum.
Spiegler De it´s using the same HEL materials

1 - 20 of 24 Posts