Honda CB1000R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There's a guy that takes pics on one of my fav roads I ride on. Figured I'd post a few of me that he took. His handle is pdmotophoto on instagram. Let's see if you guys have any riding or just cool pics of your bikes

·
Registered
596 Posts
There's a guy that takes pics on one of my fav roads I ride on. Figured I'd post a few of me that he took. His handle is pdmotophoto on instagram. Let's see if you guys have any riding or just cool pics of your bikes View attachment 49119 View attachment 49120
There's a guy that takes pics on one of my fav roads I ride on. Figured I'd post a few of me that he took. His handle is pdmotophoto on instagram. Let's see if you guys have any riding or just cool pics of your bikes View attachment 49119 View attachment 49120
nice pics think you will find that the silver bikes are quicker. have fun stay safe .Over the other side of the pond spring has sprung 68f today .

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
nice pics think you will find that the silver bikes are quicker. have fun stay safe .Over the other side of the pond spring has sprung 68f today .
Gotta love when the sun comes out for sure. It's like 85 here in San Diego CA. I gotta admit. Silver is pretty bad ass. The color I have is the only one they had so I snatched it up. Can't complain. I love em all. Especially black. Have fun out there where your at.

·
Registered
05 919; 14 CB1000R; 18 CB1000R
171 Posts
Nice pics. I miss riding around San Diego. I lived there for three years. As long as I wasn't on duty or working on the bike I was either riding around Telegraph, Julian, or Palomar Mountain. Absolutely fantastic roads in pretty much every direction.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nice pics. I miss riding around San Diego. I lived there for three years. As long as I wasn't on duty or working on the bike I was either riding around Telegraph, Julian, or Palomar Mountain. Absolutely fantastic roads in pretty much every direction.
If your in the armed forces thanks for your service man. All very fun roads. Can't complain about the weather or the twisty roads in my area that's for sure.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Thanks for the support. Absolutely agree, year round riding weather for the win.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Thanks man. I though I was gonna catch crap for wearing jeans. I ordered some pants from motoport, hopefully they come in soon. It's a little scary riding around with just the jacket.
there is nothing wrong with riding jeans.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
That's my issue. I've been riding in regular blue jeans. Got a call yesterday, overpants are ready.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Regular jeans aren't bad to ride in. As long as they aren't designer jeans that are paper thin and already "worn" with fashion holes. They will offer decent protection for at least one slide at normal road speeds. If you take a slide at 90 mph, you definitely need to shift your weight around during the slide. They will get eaten through rather quickly.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Low-sided and XS-400 back in '79 while wearing Levis. The left leg sustained no damage. My outer left calf road-rashed about the size of a potato when the pant leg was push up out of the way by the asphalt. :sneaky:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Low-sided and XS-400 back in '79 while wearing Levis. The left leg sustained no damage. My outer left calf road-rashed about the size of a potato when the pant leg was push up out of the way by the asphalt. :sneaky:
Damn, I'm hoping I never get to experience that. I've had enough pain in my life. But ide still like to be prepared. My biggest worry is someone on there cell phone posting while driving. I can't count how many times I see people taking selfies of casually browsing the net while driving. Saw a guy in a tesla the other day playing a game while on the freeway.

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
I crashed a few times in my youth. Every time I was wearing denim. Never got more than a scraped knee. As has been stated, so long as it's good denim (go find real workman's jeans) and not super-fine designer stuff, they have decent abrasion resistance.

·
Registered
179 Posts
i wear kevlar lined jeans with knee crash protector. i crashed and damaged my knee 15 years ago. now never ride without 'em.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Damn, I'm hoping I never get to experience that. I've had enough pain in my life. But ide still like to be prepared. My biggest worry is someone on there cell phone posting while driving. I can't count how many times I see people taking selfies of casually browsing the net while driving. Saw a guy in a tesla the other day playing a game while on the freeway.
That's why I installed a Denali Split Soundbomb air horn on my bike. Nothing beats the look of a drivers face when 130 db of dual tone scares the crap out of them and tells them they made a big mistake at the same time.

i wear kevlar lined jeans with knee crash protector. i crashed and damaged my knee 15 years ago. now never ride without 'em.
Definitely won't argue that. I've been looking at riding jeans more and more since there are more companies that make them without the $200 price tag. I'll probably end up getting a pair before summer hits. Peace of mind is nice.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Hanging in the closet are three riding jeans. Cortech, Sliders, and K Fifty-2. The Reax from Cycle Gear/Revzilla have a similar fit as the K Fifty-2 (slim). Cortech is baggy, but that was the style in early 2000's. Sliders are good. K Fifty-2 is the fav.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts