Honda CB1000R Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a basically stock 18 model with my only addition being a Delkevic slip on and I am thinking of sending out my ECU for an update, but I am not really sure what the benefits will be. I am looking for someone with real world experience that can tell me what to expect. I don't want to change the entire exhaust out, and I don't think I want to decat it, so given that, I am curious what a remapping will do for me.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I haven`t been able to find a place that flashes the ecu for our NSC. On my other bike (z900rs) there are many different places that can flash it for different things, mine activates the cooling fan sooner, increases the red line, changes the air fuel ratio for my setup and increased the hp by about 20 on the top end. I asked a couple places if they plan on doing a flash for the cb but nobody said that they have anything in the works right now for it. If you find a place let us know, I`d be interested, I prefer the ecu remap vs a piggy back system like a power commander.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I actually came across a couple places. I sent and email to EDR performance EDR Performance Store and asked them what would it do for me and their response was:

What does this do for you?

This translates into a bike that is more efficient and performs better. The manufacture is limited in what they can do as an imported product. The epa puts limitations on the manufacturer and HONDA always goes above and beyond. You will see an increase in horsepower and torque. Usually, on a Honda (depending on cc and bike model) we see anywhere from 8hp tp 12 hp gain. What you will notice the most is going to be the 1 to 1 response. Your bike will do what you tell it to do.

·
Registered
45 Posts
how do they do it? dyno tune? ship your ecu for a flash?
there are no tuners where i live and i want something more than what rapid bike offers.
I'm kind of disappointed and surprised that there are not any readily available ecu flashes for the NSC, unfortunately too they are already handing out huge fines to companies who alter the ecu or sell piggyback systems to change the fueling of new bikes so we may be out of luck for anyone looking to dedicate the r&d of a flash for these models. I hope I'm wrong though because an ecu flash on my previous bikes has been the best mod for the money for both. I'll hold out hope until winter but I doubt anything will pop up in the next couple of months and then I'll probably do a rapidbike.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I thought that the US bikes also had some sort of throttle limiter? A bit of plastic that meant US version CB1000R only makes in the region of 125bhp instead of the 143bhp we see in europe?

If that is true, then surely removing this piece of plastic that is limiting the output would be step #1 for anyone in the US, then afterwards consider a tune.

Maybe I have this completely worng?

·
Registered
2019 CB1000R
698 Posts
I thought that the US bikes also had some sort of throttle limiter?
I have no idea about the NSC, but the RC213V-S, SC77, and SC82 models sold in the US are definitely restricted in horsepower and top speed compared to the Euro/UK bikes. As a matter of fact, the throttle bodies on the US SC77 only open 73% at full throttle. A UK spec flash solves that "problem."

1 - 8 of 8 Posts