Honda CB1000R Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently have an '07 919, and have been really itching for a newer bike, especially the 2018+ CB1000R. I'm a big fan of the modern-retro naked bikes with a round headlight, and the Neo Sport Cafe is calling my name.

I've never bought a new bike before, so I'm curious, for those living in the US, what's a fair price I'd be able to get one of these bikes for new? I've seen new prices from dealerships on Cycle Trader list between $10k and $13k, but I'm curious what people are able to negotiate to. They're hard to find locally around me (Middle Tennessee), and I'll likely have to order, or buy from a dealership pretty far from me.

Clip-ons - I have Woodcraft clip-ons on the 919, and I really like the more aggressive, cafe, style. I couldn't find anything searching, but does anyone here have clip-ons on their 2018+ CB1000R? I'm okay with losing some turning radius to protect the tank, but I wonder if it would totally kill all slow speed mobility. I had to wedge the stops on my 919 with my clip-ons, and it's not so bad. My only issue is when turning it around in my driveway. So for those with clip-ons, I'd love to see pictures and get your experience with them.

Thanks, and I hope to be able to get one of these soon!

·
Registered
2 Posts
As for pricing, I just got a 2019 for $9499 plus the usual add ons from the dealer last week. The lower price really push me over the CB1000R purchase over competitors.

·
Registered
148 Posts
If you can get a PLUS model in the US, go for that. With Heated grips and specially the Quickshifter, you won't regret.
A clip on would not be my priority to change. Riding with those clip ons is a pain in the arse compared to the stock solution.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G973F mit Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Is the plus model available in the US? I didn't see one for sell when I was shopping for mine. US Honda website doesn't list it. I haven't even completed brake in mine yet but already ordered the quickshfter to add on.

Is there a complete parts list floating around between the base and plus model?

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
The plus model isn't available in USA.

The only version I've seen with clip-ons looked unrideable because they had to be pushed far forward to clear the tank.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts