Honda CB1000R Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently have an '07 919, and have been really itching for a newer bike, especially the 2018+ CB1000R. I'm a big fan of the modern-retro naked bikes with a round headlight, and the Neo Sport Cafe is calling my name.

I've never bought a new bike before, so I'm curious, for those living in the US, what's a fair price I'd be able to get one of these bikes for new? I've seen new prices from dealerships on Cycle Trader list between $10k and $13k, but I'm curious what people are able to negotiate to. They're hard to find locally around me (Middle Tennessee), and I'll likely have to order, or buy from a dealership pretty far from me.

Clip-ons - I have Woodcraft clip-ons on the 919, and I really like the more aggressive, cafe, style. I couldn't find anything searching, but does anyone here have clip-ons on their 2018+ CB1000R? I'm okay with losing some turning radius to protect the tank, but I wonder if it would totally kill all slow speed mobility. I had to wedge the stops on my 919 with my clip-ons, and it's not so bad. My only issue is when turning it around in my driveway. So for those with clip-ons, I'd love to see pictures and get your experience with them.

Thanks, and I hope to be able to get one of these soon!

·
Registered
3 Posts
As for pricing, I just got a 2019 for $9499 plus the usual add ons from the dealer last week. The lower price really push me over the CB1000R purchase over competitors.

·
Registered
148 Posts
If you can get a PLUS model in the US, go for that. With Heated grips and specially the Quickshifter, you won't regret.
A clip on would not be my priority to change. Riding with those clip ons is a pain in the arse compared to the stock solution.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G973F mit Tapatalk

·
Registered
54 Posts
As for pricing, I just got a 2019 for $9499 plus the usual add ons from the dealer last week. The lower price really push me over the CB1000R purchase over competitors.
i bought mine for $14,000!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Is the plus model available in the US? I didn't see one for sell when I was shopping for mine. US Honda website doesn't list it. I haven't even completed brake in mine yet but already ordered the quickshfter to add on.

Is there a complete parts list floating around between the base and plus model?

·
Registered
1,984 Posts
The plus model isn't available in USA.

The only version I've seen with clip-ons looked unrideable because they had to be pushed far forward to clear the tank.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Is there a complete parts list floating around between the base and plus model?
from honda website:
"A ‘CB1000R+’ version will also be available, with even greater aspirational appeal. It comes with quickshifter, heated grips and a range of premium accessories that flesh out the CB1000R’s styling: metallic meter visor and seat cowl, front fender panel, hugger panel and radiator grill"

·
Registered
3 Posts
from honda website:
"A ‘CB1000R+’ version will also be available, with even greater aspirational appeal. It comes with quickshifter, heated grips and a range of premium accessories that flesh out the CB1000R’s styling: metallic meter visor and seat cowl, front fender panel, hugger panel and radiator grill"
Right, but was more talking about the Honda part numbers.

·
Registered
5 Posts
OP, there are alot more dealers with the bikes than just the ones advertising on cycletrader. I called around and found a dealer an hour from me willing to negotiate a lower price than I could find by traveling, just because they were a small dealership in a small town, so less overhead.

Lat I heard they still have one left. Though travelling to Tennessee to Minnesota may be a bit much.

·
Registered
2 Posts
New here, I’m in California Bay Area. got my 19 last week for 9899.00 plus tax and fees. Came with all the good stuff. Quick shifter, meter cover and rear cowl plus passenger seats.

·
Registered
2014 Matte Gold CB1000R
9 Posts
If you want clip ons, why not just buy the CBR100RR? Or is naked your preferred style?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts