Honda CB1000R Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Does yours still work ? After I installed the app when it gets to the permissions part I click ok and the app shuts down every time.

·
Registered
2021 CB1000R ABS BLACK EDITION
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Does yours still work ? After I installed the app when it gets to the permissions part I click ok and the app shuts down every time.
Un-install the app and try again, I have not had any issues with it. It works perfectly fine for me. I am using a Pixel 5, android version 11.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Un-install the app and try again, I have not had any issues with it. It works perfectly fine for me. I am using a Pixel 5, android version 11.
I tried it again with no success, I`m running an older samsung with version 8 maybe thats the issue, unfortunately work funds my phone so I don`t know if this will qualify me for an upgrade or not lol. Maybe I`ll find a buddy with an newer version and try it on his phone and see if I can get it to go, this is one of the features I was looking forward to having! What is the legal reasoning for us not to have access to this function???

·
Registered
25 Posts
I doubt it has anything to do with any law, probably more to do with $$$

You can shoot an email to: [email protected] and see if they'll reply.
If the feature is there, and an app already exists but some coding prevents it from operating I don`t know what kind of money they are saving, maybe it has something to do with being able to text and ride at the same time or something along those lines, but I don`t know.

·
Registered
2019 CB1000R
661 Posts
If the feature is there, and an app already exists but some coding prevents it from operating I don`t know what kind of money they are saving
Obviously Honda hates North Americans

It could be licensing fees or something along those lines.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Obviously Honda hates North Americans

It could be licensing fees or something along those lines.
haha, I didn`t think anyone hates us Canadians! but yeah I never thought of the licensing aspect, sounds very plausible.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I did write to them and ask about it.
Hi Guy,

We apologize for the inconvenience.

Upon checking, your device is not listed in our unsupported list so it should be supported. May I know from where country are you currently located? As of the moment, these are the countries that are supported Czech, France, Hungary, India, Italy, Japan, Malaysia, Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia, Spain, Switzerland, Taiwan, Thailand and United Kingdom.

Looking forward for your response.

Best,
Jed
@Otown When you say, "it didn't work" what exactly did it do? I had trouble launching at first because I only gave permissions for location when the app was active. Once I changed that permission to "always" then it worked and launched. Of course, my bike is a 2019, so pairing was...difficult :p

·
Registered
25 Posts
I did write to them and ask about it.

@Otown When you say, "it didn't work" what exactly did it do? I had trouble launching at first because I only gave permissions for location when the app was active. Once I changed that permission to "always" then it worked and launched. Of course, my bike is a 2019, so pairing was...difficult :p
I click on all the permissions and say allow, then the final one I click allow and the app says "app has stopped" and it closes.

·
Registered
2021 CB1000R ABS BLACK EDITION
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I click on all the permissions and say allow, then the final one I click allow and the app says "app has stopped" and it closes.
Try searching for another "" Honda Road Sync APK"" The version I have is 21.05.A

1 - 16 of 16 Posts