Honda CB1000R Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have fitted the Nitron shock and was going to upgrade the forks too, I was going to go with Ktech but have heard that Nitron have started doing fork cartridges so will probally stick with Nitron if I can because I love that shock. Has anyone else heard or fitted the Nitron components to your CB?

Cheers

Robbie

·
Registered
33 Posts
Nitron rear shock

I put a Nitron rear shock with a PHA. i love it, life time warranty. How can you beat that. I have been lurking on this site for some time. I purchased a brand new old stock CB1000R back in April of this year. I got a 2013 off of the show room floor in Oak Creek, Wisconsin. Got the bike for $9,000 out the door and delivered to California for another $400. My buddies at Huntington Beach Honda along with myself put about 100 man hours into it and $8,000 in upgrades. waiting for one last part before I unveil the bike for you guys to enjoy. After all this site and their members were my inspiration.

Tire Alloy wheel Automotive tire Wheel Rim

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well i emailed them direct and have just received this response:

Hi Robbie,

Thank you for the enquiry, currently this is not a bike that we are able
to provide cartridges for.

This may be a bike that we develop in the coming months but at the moment
we are focusing on ensuring the highest quality of product for our current
range.

Please do feel free to contact us in the coming months with regards to
your bike and I hope to be able to provide you with better news.

Kind Regards,

So on the website its advert states prices from £900 so quite pricey too when they come out also might consider going back to plan A and going for the KTech kit.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I went for a stage 1 upgrade on the forks (service, Ohlins springs and a revalve) - around £300 but a good match for the Ohlins shock - Nitron are a brand I'd happily install - I suppose it's how far you're prepared to go !
Can I ask you where you had this done, seems a good price, I have been quoted £500 by Ktech to do a complete rebuild and set up, will be doing this over winter anyway.

·
Premium Member
4,051 Posts
Can I ask you where you had this done, seems a good price, I have been quoted £500 by Ktech to do a complete rebuild and set up, will be doing this over winter anyway.
This was at Kais Suspension in Atherton, Greater Manchester - not in the same league as Nitron or Maxton but they seem able to do a reasonable job and despite me delivering loose forks, once I installed the sag and set up was perfect ! I had it done as a whole deal with a new shock - if may have been £330 (fork part) but roundabouts that price.

It's just Ohlins springs, a fork service and the Oem fork valve reworked - stage 1 road - on the road it's all been bang on - the only thing they didn't do was match the rear shock Spring to my weight which was a big faux pas on their part....

But - I think it was the simplest upgrade possible on the forks - you may be getting more for your money (plus I didn't have to pay any carriage costs) - hope that helps !

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.