Honda CB1000R Forum banner
21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
2021 CB1000R; 2018 CBR1000RR SP
205 Posts
@3rdBike ,
Have you gotten your bike or in the process of shopping? Depending on where you are, the worse the weather, the better for a negotiation.
I have not tried walking into a dealership when there is a snow storm but I think it will work wonders to your advantage.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
@3rdBike ,
Have you gotten your bike or in the process of shopping? Depending on where you are, the worse the weather, the better for a negotiation.
I have not tried walking into a dealership when there is a snow storm but I think it will work wonders to your advantage.
I feel like I'm in limbo right now. There are 8 units available with the RideNow dealerships in AZ and Las Vegas. But I really want to work with my Honda dealer cuz they treated me well on my CB1100EX. And I have put in my years working in m/c shops here in ABQ, so I already know these guys as friends, too. The sales manager has contacted his rep and asked him to get me a bike. He knows I could just as easily take a road trip and bring home a bike on my own.

We're having a glorious fall down here, pure sunshine and 70s, so no driving snowstorm to drive prices down!

Patience......

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Well, the district rep was unable to come up with a dealer willing to let go of an NSC to my dealer. I will be making phone calls tomorrow a.m. to buy a bike.
Are there any members here that are in the Las Vegas area, and what is your opinion of the RideNow Group of dealerships? They have an ad on Cycle Trader for an NSC, which in invites me to "CALL FOR YOUR NO HASSLE INTERNET PRICE! 50 STATE UNITS IN STOCK!" So I will call them first.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Yes, I'm quite aware of that, Bevo. I called the shop in Boulder, NV (suburb of Vegas) and that was the 2nd thing I asked. do you have this stock number in the store? They do, so the salesman is gonna call back with the " CALL FOR YOUR NO HASSLE INTERNET PRICE! "

·
Registered
'21 CB1000R
74 Posts
Yes, I'm quite aware of that, Bevo. I called the shop in Boulder, NV (suburb of Vegas) and that was the 2nd thing I asked. do you have this stock number in the store? They do, so the salesman is gonna call back with the " CALL FOR YOUR NO HASSLE INTERNET PRICE! "
I went thru the same thing when I was looking. The closest dealer to have one (said he was going to give me a great deal) bumped the price from the normal $13.5 OTD to $16,742.52, then if I opted for the FSP program (warranty + prepaid maintenance) that moved the price to $20,536.52. Uhhhhh, no.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Reagenn, no, I didn't, and didn't know to ask for it. (and too excited to remember) During the 'getting familiar with your new m/c' we had the tail cover off, but not a word about the pill pad. It would be handy to strap a bag over it, but I have other bikes for errand runs.

·
Registered
'21 CB1000R
74 Posts
Reagenn, no, I didn't, and didn't know to ask for it. (and too excited to remember) During the 'getting familiar with your new m/c' we had the tail cover off, but not a word about the pill pad. It would be handy to strap a bag over it, but I have other bikes for errand runs.
Just call them and have it shipped as I'm sure they have it laying around somewhere. It's hard to remember everything when you're buying a new bike, especially this beautiful new CB1kr. Enjoy the bike, that 600 miles oil change is right around the corner! :)

·
Registered
'21 CB1000R
74 Posts
The dealership had two 2021 NSCs in stock to choose from. I picked 067 as it has a special meaning for me: that's my age!!
Well, that's pretty cool, old timer. But you do know, next year, it ain't gonna be your age no mo. :D
But I guess you'll always know how old you were when you bought it.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
Well, that's pretty cool, old timer. But you do know, next year, it ain't gonna be your age no mo. :D
But I guess you'll always know how old you were when you bought it.

Yes that's true.. I think this might be a common phenomenon amongst motorcyclists: ask me when something happened, and my mind automatically flips to the motorcycle I had at the time.

And..... I GET TO turn 68 Friday the 26th! As a cancer survivor, I'm excited and ever so thankful for each year I get! 👏😄😌😉

·
Registered
'21 CB1000R
74 Posts
Yes that's true.. I think this might be a common phenomenon amongst motorcyclists: ask me when something happened, and my mind automatically flips to the motorcycle I had at the time.

And..... I GET TO turn 68 Friday the 26th! As a cancer survivor, I'm excited and ever so thankful for each year I get! 👏😄😌😉
I hear you. I spent a miserable week in the hospital with double pneumonia from Covid earlier this year, then several months recuperating. It has a way of making you appreciate the small things in life. The country road, the wind in your face, the sun setting in the distance...all small things I used to be too busy to notice.
Glad you survived cancer to enjoy another ride.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts