Honda CB1000R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys! Just signed up for the forum, here to learn everything I can about this amazing Black Beast. Don't have mine yet, but headed to the dealership to see about ordering one.

I'm located in Albuquerque, NM. Having grown up on a farm in Kansas, where the roads are straight and the weather is harsh, I consider NM to be a motorcyclists' Paradise! Twisties everywhere!

I'll be turning 68 late this month, and I'm getting a stupid-fast litre bike!!馃ぃ馃憖 In my stable: 2017 Honda CB1100EX, 2015 Honda VFR800 DLX, 1977 Moto Guzzi 850 T3 FB, 1976 Moto Guzzi 850 T3. Been riding 54 years now, and I'm still alive!!

All for now, will keep y'all posted on the acquisition!

Registered
Awesome choice. I've only been the pilot for 37 years, but I was a passenger since I was in my mother's belly before I was born 馃槃, which is a little closer to 60 years.

Once you get the suspension right for you, you'll find this is a fast bike in the twisties, and it'll feel as light as a bicycle after the CB1100!

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, you were probably laughing and kicking the entire time!! 馃懚
Like I mentioned previously, there's no shortage of twisties down here, and that's what I live for! The big CB handles very well, but is a bit handicapped by ground clearance on the left side; the center stand touches down early, and it's solid enough to graunch the bike off line.

Power-to-weight is one of the big reasons I'm attracted to the Black Edition. The VFR is a jet (for me) but it's well over 500 lbs. The Black One only has to haul 2.3lbs with each horsepower!

Thanks for the reply and ride safe!

Registered
Yeah, you were probably laughing and kicking the entire time!! 馃懚
Like I mentioned previously, there's no shortage of twisties down here, and that's what I live for! The big CB handles very well, but is a bit handicapped by ground clearance on the left side; the center stand touches down early, and it's solid enough to graunch the bike off line.

Power-to-weight is one of the big reasons I'm attracted to the Black Edition. The VFR is a jet (for me) but it's well over 500 lbs. The Black One only has to haul 2.3lbs with each horsepower!

Thanks for the reply and ride safe!
I have a '94 CB1000F. I totally understand. I rode that for 10 years before I got the 2014 CB1000R. You'll be delighted.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have a '94 CB1000F. I totally understand. I rode that for 10 years before I got the 2014 CB1000R. You'll be delighted.
Hey guys! Just signed up for the forum, here to learn everything I can about this amazing Black Beast. Don't have mine yet, but headed to the dealership to see about ordering one.

I'm located in Albuquerque, NM. Having grown up on a farm in Kansas, where the roads are straight and the weather is harsh, I consider NM to be a motorcyclists' Paradise! Twisties everywhere!

I'll be turning 68 late this month, and I'm getting a stupid-fast litre bike!!馃ぃ馃憖 In my stable: 2017 Honda CB1100EX, 2015 Honda VFR800 DLX, 1977 Moto Guzzi 850 T3 FB, 1976 Moto Guzzi 850 T3. Been riding 54 years now, and I'm still alive!!

All for now, will keep y'all posted on the acquisition!
Well then, spent some good time at my LBS this afternoon. No 2021 CB in NM, (but I already knew that) so they put their Honda Rep on the trail to get one. The RideNow dealership network in AZ has at least one in each dealership, so it's likely we'll pull one from there. Fingers and eyes crossed! 馃馃憖

Registered
2021 CB1000R; 2018 CBR1000RR SP
Welcome to the group!
The CB1000R Black Edition is one of the sexiest bike I have seen.
And, it's an ultra smooth machine in terms of street performance.

I have just rolled over the 600 miles today and it's time for my first oil change.
And, then I can ride normal.

Reactions: 3rdBike

Registered
'21 CB1000R
Welcome to the group!
The CB1000R Black Edition is one of the sexiest bike I have seen.
And, it's an ultra smooth machine in terms of street performance.

I have just rolled over the 600 miles today and it's time for my first oil change.
And, then I can ride normal.
I just turned over 250 miles today on mine. I think break-in is only 300 miles right?
One thing I was surprised with was the PON 86 or higher fuel requirement. You would think that it would require 91+.

Registered
I just turned over 250 miles today on mine. I think break-in is only 300 miles right?
One thing I was surprised with was the PON 86 or higher fuel requirement. You would think that it would require 91+.
I thought Break-in is 600 miles until I re-checked the manual. ;) It is 300 miles.

Compression is lower for CB so there is not a need for high octane.

Registered
2019 CB1000R
Break-in is 600 miles. ;)
During the first 300 miles (500 km) of running,
follow these guidelines to ensure your vehicle's
future reliability and performance.
鈼 Avoid full-throttle starts and rapid
acceleration.
鈼 Avoid hard braking and rapid down-shifts.
鈼 Ride conservatively.

Page 10 in your manual. First service is 600 miles

Registered
'21 CB1000R
I thought Break-in is 600 miles until I re-checked the manual. ;) It is 300 miles.

Compression is lower for CB so there is not a need for high octane.
I paid $3.83 for 91 non-ethanol fuel the other day, so I can appreciate the lower octane requirement! :)

Registered
So, you mean I have been riding "conservatively" for an extra 300 miles? Arrrrghhhhhh ... no wonder it felt like a kill-joy! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: Bevo

Registered
'21 CB1000R
So, you mean I have been riding "conservatively" for an extra 300 miles? Arrrrghhhhhh ... no wonder it felt like a kill-joy! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
I feel your pain! This is my first new bike, so I've never had to do the "break in" thing. With the QS, it is super hard not to run it hard thru the gears!

Registered
I'm getting a stupid-fast litre bike!!馃ぃ馃憖 ...

And congrats ;)

Just one word: fast?

Pore over the dyno run charts for the CB1000R.
More faster bikes in the Honda lineup.
The CB1000R is no racehorse.

Safe, smooth (PC speak, used to be spell'd slow), well built,
with Honda attention to detail evident everywhere,
aiming for the very best in materials and workmanship.

Quite sober with gas next to her roadster sisters: Ducati, Aprilia, MV, Duke or BMW.

CB1000R is Grand-ma's bike all over.
Only lacks the elegant, frilly, crochet sewn apron over the gas cap.
...Been riding 54 years now, and I'm still alive!!
My prostate gland won't allow me to enter a pissing contest.

You'll get older and figure out:
:cautious: that's just because cagers managed not to run you over.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts