Honda CB1000R Forum banner

Newbie to my new bike,this forum and i have a ton of questions for you all.

2K views 16 replies 13 participants last post by  timmy 
#1 ·
Im so glad that there is a forum dedicated to this bike! So ill begin with a brief history(please forgive my grammar,not my strong suit). So i was at my local honda dealer picking up some oil filters for my XR650L this past saturday. and as i was walking through the showroom i caught this sinister looking bike stuffed way back in the corner. With my interest peaked i proceeded to walkup to the sinister looking bike. She had matte gray/black paint, a single sided swing-arm,and an upright riding position! Now my heart is begining to thump....I said to myself...."this thing is right up my alley!". i then sat on it and my heart raced. i pulled out my IPhone and begin to research this awesome machine because i had never saw one before. the salesman spied me sitting on the bike and hurried over and said "what do you think?". i could barley contain my excitement. after i discovered the markdown price, that was all it took. i couldnt get to the bank fast enough. came back 30 mins later and handed over the cash($10,182 out the door). when i came home with a bike in the bed of my truck my wife was less than impressed. she will just have to get over it!!!!

#3 · (Edited)
Welcome! That is almost exact what I paid for my bike. Crazy how under rated/know these bikes are, good for us $$$!
Honda is really stepping up the bar in the US, a lot of great models are making there way over.

Anything you want to know has been generally been covered, good luck searching though. The search function is sometimes funny!
Most are friendly here, we do have an odd ball or two! :eek:

#6 ·
Brilliant story mate - I can just imagine your wife's face. :clap:respekt

:welcome to the site, you should find a lot of help and advice for the new love of your life.

p.s. When the wife calms down she might like a ride out with you on the CB1000R. :thumbup

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.