Honda CB1000R Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, Newbie here.

Just joined this afternoon as been looking for a new bike to replace my CBR600RR and saw that the CB1000R is being launched in only a months time.

Really pleased with my 'RR but feel it is time to change for something more upright as the bones hurt too much after going out for a ride.

CB1000R looks just the thing; all I got to do now is convince SWMBO that a new bike is a more pressing requirement than a new kitchen ;)

Dave.

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
Welcome Dave. :thumbup

Kitchen or 'bike? Tricky. I'm sure some of the guys here can make argument for the 'bike!!

How about " Blah,blah..............and with the huge Dobles' discount I'll be saving money towards an even HIGHER standard new kitchen Honeybunch!" :kiss

·
Premium Member
2,891 Posts
:lol

:welcome Dave....

East Sussex..... one of our favourite counties to ride... which town are you in?

As Fordzoid said.... definitely worth checking out Dobles motorcycles once you persuade SWMBO :thumbup

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
DAN said:
:lol

:welcome Dave....

East Sussex..... one of our favourite counties to ride... which town are you in?

As Fordzoid said.... definitely worth checking out Dobles motorcycles once you persuade SWMBO :thumbup
Dan, nearest place to me that anyone would of heard of is Tunbridge Wells (in Kent rather than East Sussex) which is approx 5 miles away.

On the road front, the A272 from Heathfield (East Sussex) to Winchester (Hampshire) is well worth checking out for those of you who don't know the area. It's approximately 75 miles long and a good road to try 'off-peak' but is also popular with the Police so you've been warned.

Another one worth checking out is the A264 from Tunbridge Wells (Kent) to East Grinstead (borders of East and West Sussex, Surrey and Kent). It is just as challenging as the A272 but has the added advantage of only being 12-15 miles long so if all you've got time for is a quick blast then that would be my recommendation.

If anyone is into castles, Bodiam Castle (derelict with moat) which is a few miles off the A21 near Hawkhurst is worth checking out.

Rye on the A268 is a popular bike destination and the nearby Camber Road / Jurys Gap Road (take the A259 out of Rye heading towards East Guldeford) is good fun though take time to learn this road before 'making progression' as the road is known for both accidents and Police.

If all goes wrong, there is always Beachy Head just outside Eastbourne :bad

Happy riding !

·
Premium Member
2,891 Posts
Hi again... yeah some really decent roads there....

I almost moved to Uckfield from London two years ago and the area is made for biking (well I think so anyway).

Unfortunately on the rideout front this year things have been a bit quiet (although there is a group of 5/6 south east London bikers that still get out regularly).... last week they went to Wales for example. Last year though we had about 20 riders along for the "Cream Tea" run... basically we took the A272 down into Hampshire and then had cream teas in a B&B owned by some friends of one of the riders. It was a great day. We had a great time...

As you are local it might be worth checking out our "sister" club and you'd be more than welcome to come along to any events we do run.... I've added a few links below for you to look at...

Bikehackers.com

Cream Tea Run in 2007 (links to pics on the later pages)

The recent Welsh trip

By the way registrations have been disabled... but if you want I can create an account for you... just let me know.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts