1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
Registered
443 Posts
After having ridden a 6th gen VFR 800 for three years with some track days thrown in, I fail to see the value of TC at this level...never a problem.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
After having ridden a 6th gen VFR 800 for three years with some track days thrown in, I fail to see the value of TC at this level...never a problem.

To get it out there for Beta Testing so any issues can be ironed out for the next gen of traction control when it finds its way onto bikes like the Fireblade.

·
Registered
2,479 Posts
Just more great bikes that I can't get over here because cruisers rule the land. I want to get mad at Honda, but it's not like they are opposed to making money. They simply can't sell enough of them in the States to make a profit. It's the same with Yamaha, Suzuki, etc, etc.

I just want a Hornet, that's all, nothing fancy. Or maybe a CBR600F. Honda tried the old Hornet here and it flopped because Americans only know cruisers and stretched GSXRs. We are lucky the CB1kR and CB1100 made it here. It took several years before the CB1kR made it over and neither have been selling very well. I bought mine at a big discount since it was a hold over from last year, so yeah, sales suck.

Have any of you guys overseas ever seen a Fury? It's the most ridiculous bike I have ever seen with Honda written on it and people here love them. Thee poor guy in the pic looks like a jockey riding a Clydesdale!

·
Registered
443 Posts
You are preachin' to the choir man! Oklahoma the land of the cruisers! Ugh! If I see another H-D raffle I'm gonna puke.

Reactions: DELuth

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I saw one of those over here the other day at a bike meet.
Couldn't believe it was a Honda and not a chop shop custom.

·
Registered
618 Posts
We are lucky the CB1kR and CB1100 made it here. It took several years before the CB1kR made it over and neither have been selling very well. I bought mine at a big discount since it was a hold over from last year, so yeah, sales suck.
We were lucky to get them here too..Only in 08 and 09 though..Sales were poor as the price was more than a Fireblade at the time and people didn't want spend more money on a naked version of the Blade..I wanted a CB1000R from the first day i test rode one and few years later i bought an immaculate 09 model at a great price with only 7000 klms on it..Now there is at most ever only 12 or so for sale in the whole country..They get sold quick too..There is one for sale ATM in perfect condition and only 5000klms on it..I'm seriously considering buying it so i can have one totally stock and keep it forever..and ever..and ever..:thumbup

But the VFR 800 does look nice though..Just not comparable to the CB1000R..

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
I like the look of the CB650F but why have Honda not updated the cb1r ? They just need to give some attention to a bike that has been ' out there ' for over 7 years with zero updates, if Honda are not careful then the cb1r will be the new Blackbird that just goes on and on and on with zero movement forward.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I like the look of the CB650F but why have Honda not updated the cb1r ? They just need to give some attention to a bike that has been ' out there ' for over 7 years with zero updates, if Honda are not careful then the cb1r will be the new Blackbird that just goes on and on and on with zero movement forward.
Because its hard to improve on perfection?

·
Administrator
4,047 Posts
CB1000R-SP ?

That'd be cool - revised 'detuned' 07-12 motor (INCREASE torque and bhp) , new wheels, Brembo, Ohlins - under 10k ....and don't cock around too much with the styling, except change the rear end for a more CBR orientated tail unit....can't go wrong ! Would be nice to see and all the bits not far from the existing shelf ...

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Because its hard to improve on perfection?
If that really were the case then the Fireblade, Kawasaki Z1000, Speed and Street Triple and a number of others must be real dogs, as since 2007 they have had a number of total redesigns and updates !

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
If that really were the case then the Fireblade, Kawasaki Z1000, Speed and Street Triple and a number of others must be real dogs, as since 2007 they have had a number of total redesigns and updates !
Even more power to the CB1R's perfection then! :thumbup

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I don't think those new VFR wheels will fit. It looks like they have a 5 stud attachment hub on the rear as opposed to 4 for the CB1R. Shame.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts