Honda CB1000R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys, as promised i spoke to my dealer today (thursday 24th ), (hunts ) and he told me there was no official letter from honda and IT WILL be may delivery, and also he is having one of the bikes from europe for three days in april in the showroom. He thinks it will be a runner but wont be a demo bike. All the colours are going to be available and there will be equal amounts in ABS and non ABS, in all colours. He also did add that there is a dealer meeting next week and this topic is up for discussion as the dealers are not happy about a number of things, inc. lack of info about the cb!! I can only relay what he says, but having bought bikes off john for a number of years now, he has always been spot on with his info. So keep your fingers crossed!! :thumbup
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
876 Posts
Good stuff mate, ties up with what my local dealers says
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,186 Posts
That is interesting. Keen to see how much of the dealers ramblings (I mean all dealers in general) pan out to be accurate since a lot of them seem to know the same "next to nothing" as the other dealers.

Thanks for that SportsSage :thumbup
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
49 Posts
sportssage said:
Hi Guys, as promised i spoke to my dealer today (thursday 24th ), (hunts ) and he told me there was no official letter from honda and IT WILL be may delivery, and also he is having one of the bikes from europe for three days in april in the showroom. He thinks it will be a runner but wont be a demo bike. All the colours are going to be available and there will be equal amounts in ABS and non ABS, in all colours. He also did add that there is a dealer meeting next week and this topic is up for discussion as the dealers are not happy about a number of things, inc. lack of info about the cb!! I can only relay what he says, but having bought bikes off john for a number of years now, he has always been spot on with his info. So keep your fingers crossed!! :thumbup
I hope you are right about may delivery but I did see M&S Motorcycles official Honda letter with all the new models release dates on it that showed a picture of the CBthou with July release below it, dont want to burst any bubbles but I would also love one to go to the TT on this year, and as per your dealer they also aint happy with Honda's lack of info on new bikes, but who are we to question the might of Honda we are only the customers!!!! :angry
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
billcbr6 said:
sportssage said:
Hi Guys, as promised i spoke to my dealer today (thursday 24th ), (hunts ) and he told me there was no official letter from honda and IT WILL be may delivery, and also he is having one of the bikes from europe for three days in april in the showroom. He thinks it will be a runner but wont be a demo bike. All the colours are going to be available and there will be equal amounts in ABS and non ABS, in all colours. He also did add that there is a dealer meeting next week and this topic is up for discussion as the dealers are not happy about a number of things, inc. lack of info about the cb!! I can only relay what he says, but having bought bikes off john for a number of years now, he has always been spot on with his info. So keep your fingers crossed!! :thumbup
I hope you are right about may delivery but I did see M&S Motorcycles official Honda letter with all the new models release dates on it that showed a picture of the CBthou with July release below it, dont want to burst any bubbles but I would also love one to go to the TT on this year, and as per your dealer they also aint happy with Honda's lack of info on new bikes, but who are we to question the might of Honda we are only the customers!!!! :angry
I just wonder if the letter that M&S showed you meant the launch was in july, seems that honda have everybody guessing!! Am going to keep on top of this and will post any info, fake or fact but hopefully fact that i can get hold of! :pray
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,186 Posts
billcbr6 said:
who are we to question the might of Honda we are only the customers!!!! :angry
:rollin You will do as you're told!

I'm sure we'll get a clearer picture soon. Probably a week before the bike hits the roads :banghead
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
49 Posts
sportssage said:
billcbr6 said:
sportssage said:
Hi Guys, as promised i spoke to my dealer today (thursday 24th ), (hunts ) and he told me there was no official letter from honda and IT WILL be may delivery, and also he is having one of the bikes from europe for three days in april in the showroom. He thinks it will be a runner but wont be a demo bike. All the colours are going to be available and there will be equal amounts in ABS and non ABS, in all colours. He also did add that there is a dealer meeting next week and this topic is up for discussion as the dealers are not happy about a number of things, inc. lack of info about the cb!! I can only relay what he says, but having bought bikes off john for a number of years now, he has always been spot on with his info. So keep your fingers crossed!! :thumbup
I hope you are right about may delivery but I did see M&S Motorcycles official Honda letter with all the new models release dates on it that showed a picture of the CBthou with July release below it, dont want to burst any bubbles but I would also love one to go to the TT on this year, and as per your dealer they also aint happy with Honda's lack of info on new bikes, but who are we to question the might of Honda we are only the customers!!!! :angry
I just wonder if the letter that M&S showed you meant the launch was in july, seems that honda have everybody guessing!! Am going to keep on top of this and will post any info, fake or fact but hopefully fact that i can get hold of! :pray
sportsage that was the date they ware available to the dealers well that was the way I read it as I've said I hope others are right and I'm wrong cos I want one now!!!!

SeeBeeThou
Yes you are right with Honda we do have to do as we are told!!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
49 Posts
Just been talking to the owner of M&S Motorcycles and he is adamant its 'July at the earliest' his exact words not mine, but he reckons knowing the way Honda are at the moment it could be even later and he does not bull***t he knows I have cash to spend but is as frustrated as we all are on here
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,186 Posts
Yeah, I get the impression that applies to loads of Honda dealers. Everyone wants the bike but nobody can get it and dealers are turning people away unable to give anyone any solid information. There's every chance that it'll be turning people to the competition if they're not careful
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well im gonna call into hunts tomorrow and have a good chat with john. I think the dealers are as much in the dark as we are so will post when i get more info...again!!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,891 Posts
sportssage said:
Well im gonna call into hunts tomorrow and have a good chat with john. I think the dealers are as much in the dark as we are so will post when i get more info...again!!
Yep they are.. and always have been I think... you have to own a couple of different manufacturers bike, frequent a few forums/clubs and it soon becomes apparent that the regional manufacturers (Honda UK for example) really do dictate, who gets what and the allocations.

I think the car industry is different and more focused around the dealer network, giving them more flexibility...might be wrong though... just the way it seems.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9 Posts
With the nature of the motorcycle market dealers unit sales figures can differ and manufacturers pick up on this and treat dealers accordingly. I know that for a long time our local Honda dealer was well respected within Honda UK (for a long time in the top 5 dealers and number 1 Honda dealer) and feedback was valued and passed back to Japan; the receiprocal nature of this ultimately benefitted the dealer and customers in terms of care and priority
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
49 Posts
sportssage said:
Well im gonna call into hunts tomorrow and have a good chat with john. I think the dealers are as much in the dark as we are so will post when i get more info...again!!
Good luck m8 hope you come away with more positive info then I've been able to get
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well all i can reiterate is the same info that john originally gave to me. With hunts being in the top 3-5 honda dealers in the country, it does seem to me that dealers are treated diferently according to volume of sales, so maybe hunts get their first batch of cb1000r s before dealers such as M&S motorcyles, rightly or wrongly. So im just going to keep my fingers crossed for may and my attitude is it is what it is and we mere mortals cant do a damn thing about it!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
49 Posts
sportssage said:
Well all i can reiterate is the same info that john originally gave to me. With hunts being in the top 3-5 honda dealers in the country, it does seem to me that dealers are treated diferently according to volume of sales, so maybe hunts get their first batch of cb1000r s before dealers such as M&S motorcyles, rightly or wrongly. So im just going to keep my fingers crossed for may and my attitude is it is what it is and we mere mortals cant do a damn thing about it!!
UR right there nowt we can do about but its a good talking point 'til it comes out
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,334 Posts
Went to my Honda dealership today to collect my repaired 'bike (which now runs like shit under 2000 rpms where it starts "bunny hopping") and asked when he expected it to be available in Belgium.July was the reply.He has just got back from manning the Honda stand at the Brussels Motor show where they sold more CB1000Rs than any other model! He thinks that bigger countries will get it earlier.To sum up,expect it any time between May and....................?Hope this helps. :p
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Whats this guys, being cynical about honda!! Im sure it will be worth the wait, but just to keep you going, one thing i didnt tell you from the g mex, and now seems the appropriate time to spill, is that the guy from honda uk seems to think that the same thing will happen with the cb as happened with the initial batch of SP1 s ( W plate ) in that they were hand built to get them to the market. So if you have been one of the first to place an order, it will be the dogs!! He did tell me to not sell it as it will be the best quality of the lot, so take that info whatever way you interprete it, whether it is honda keeping us hanging or its the real deal. This is the reason i will wait for it as he had no reason to lie to me and didnt have to give me that info as i had already ordered. Watch this space!!!!!
 
1 - 20 of 31 Posts
Top